• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking Financing For Miami Feature Film

I am seeking funding for a full length feature film to be shot in South Florida in early 2005. This film is catagorized as a drama and is entitled "To the Nth Degree." The story is promised not to disappoint. Anyone interested in this project can e-mail me at ramirras5@yahoo.com. :D

ramirras said:
I am seeking funding for a full length feature film to be shot in South Florida in early 2005. This film is catagorized as a drama and is entitled "To the Nth Degree." The story is promised not to disappoint. Anyone interested in this project can e-mail me at ramirras5@yahoo.com. :D
How about giving us a little info right here. There's a pretty good group of people here you might be able to point you in the right direction.

I know I'd be more willing to e-mail you if I knew a bit about you and the project.

No Prob....

directorik said:
How about giving us a little info right here. There's a pretty good group of people here you might be able to point you in the right direction.

I know I'd be more willing to e-mail you if I knew a bit about you and the project.

In short, this is an urban film about a young boy who's orphaned in the streets of Miami after his mother is murdered because of a bad decision she makes. The kid is left to be raised in the street life with three other troubled youths. Fourteen years later, as adults, their lives are all channeled in different directions as they each want to straighten up and fly right.

About me, I'm an actor in a very slow market and I really want to, as so many others do, make my mark in the film industry. I wrote the script myself and I believe that those who are helping me through this are just about ready to get the wheels turning and take the next step. :cool:

Financing...

ramirras said:
In short, this is an urban film about a young boy who's orphaned in the streets of Miami after his mother is murdered because of a bad decision she makes. The kid is left to be raised in the street life with three other troubled youths. Fourteen years later, as adults, their lives are all channeled in different directions as they each want to straighten up and fly right.

About me, I'm an actor in a very slow market and I really want to, as so many others do, make my mark in the film industry. I wrote the script myself and I believe that those who are helping me through this are just about ready to get the wheels turning and take the next step. :cool:

Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to find any kind of financing from people that don't know you let alone from anyone who actually finances films unless you have some kind of record or reputation... Record being the most important.

Your best bet is to either:

a) Start shopping your script around to production companies. Find a producer who loves the script and is willing to shop it around to studios unless he or she has enough bucks to finance it themselves...

b) Make it yourself. As long as the script is as good as it can be and has a great story, find some collaborators willing to invest the time and talent necessary to make the film.

But it all starts with a great script. Without it, all you have is a pitch and unless you have some contacts in the business or go to a pitch fest, it won't do you much good. Even if you go to a pitch fest and WOW them with your pitch, be prepared to follow up with an outstanding script.

Beware of the tracking board... Send out a bad script (in Hollywood especially) and your name WILL be shared on everyone's tracking board... Tracking boards have people to watch, people to read, and people to stay away from... So always make sure the script is up to par.

filmy

Back