Painting Pirates Club

Hello My name is Rose Robin.
Allow me to explain a little about me and my work. I have been developing a way to help local people in 3rd world countries communicate their present situation through positive web-series for the past 8 years.

I am currently working on a project in Sri Lanka. I am making a 'Web Series', which is a free online series of short documentaries. Interviewing local people from all walks of life. Hopefully, inspiring visitors to have an open heart towards local people when visiting Sri Lanka or when they are listening to media news broadcasts about Sri Lanka in their homes.
At the same time I am a volunteer teacher in schools and orphanages.
I teach 'Free Expression' workshops in disadvantaged areas. Teaching children and adults to express themselves freely, after experiencing psychological trauma because of tragedy and hardship.

I also film small documentaries with local people who need help raising awareness of their plight, or funds to help their community. I stress the fact that I never receive the funds myself, they are sent directly to the person in need.
I also give travel advice and information.
Through this web-series I hope to develop a greater understanding and empathy between people from different cultures. Helping them to transcend common, contemporary problems. Giving the local people a chance to tell us about their point of view, in an objective manner.

When the web series is completed, it will be sent to film festivals to find a bigger public. I have won two international film festival awards for my work in the past. I don't make money with my documentaries. I fund my work with donations given through my web site, by people who follow me.

I will be in Sri Lanka for the next 5 months. I hope to cover as many places and topics as possible.
If there are people out there who have contacts for me over here I would greatly appreciate it.

my web-site to see my past projects: paintingpirates.com
and my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Painting-Pirates-Club/316775908374367

I would love to met more film peers here, and get advice from people with more experience.

Back