• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Film Project Fundraising

In an effort to support the arts, the creative new fundraising firm, Mega Super Good LLC, is seeking fresh and inspiring projects to be promoted in a once-in-a-lifetime fundraising opportunity.

www.megasupergood.com is the new online hub where artists can connect with their fans and supporters for independent, bottom-up fundraising for their projects (website scheduled to launch in July of 2010).

We are considering projects in the form of music, film, animation, literature, sculpture, poetry, invention, or any other manifestation of artistic expression.

Preference will be given to out-of-the-box projects that push the envelope of creativity.

For consideration, please submit a description of your concept, along with an estimated budget and a portfolio containing relevant samples of your past work to cmad@megasupergood.com

Selected projects will receive follow up contact, and a more formal application.

~Chris Madland, Creative Director
Mega Super Good, LLC

P.S. There are no upfront fees for participating in our services. MSG only makes a fee if your project gets fully funded, so you have nothing to lose!

How is your site different or better than the established fundraising websites such as ********* and Kickstarter? How will the fundraising process work? Do you have an active base of donors? or are artists expected to promote themselves?

Please tell us what new innovations you are bringing with the concept. I'd love to hear more about it.

I’ll tell you why I didn’t respond;

Your site, connecting fans and supporters of independent films,
could be just like the dozen of other sites doing this.

It doesn’t launch for a month. So I can’t do any research on what
it is - exactly - you do.

I’m really dubious when I hear “out-of-the-box”. It’s such a
tired, overused cliche that has no meaning. I have no idea what
the “envelope” is so I have no idea if my projects are pushing it.
Another overused cliche that has no real meaning.

The three projects I have that need funding right now (one with
names attached) are not inspiring, are not “out-of-the-box” and
are not pushing some envelope. They are designed to be
entertaining and reach a movie going audience looking for a
thrill, a laugh and a compelling story. In other words; a project
with broad commercial appeal. Even the project with the lowest
budget might be out of your online hubs scope.

I don’t know because your site won’t launch for a month.

As a businessman in addition to being a filmmaker, I don’t feel
comfortable sending a complete stranger a description of the
concept and my full, line item budget and my portfolio containing
samples of my past work.

No offense intended. Just my reasons. This might be an excellent
online hub that is very different from the others. I look forward
to learning more about it. But until I can do my due diligence I
wouldn’t send all the important information about me and my
project.

Are you at all connected with Mega Super Good Films?

How is your site different or better than the established fundraising websites such as ********* and Kickstarter? How will the fundraising process work? Do you have an active base of donors? or are artists expected to promote themselves?

Please tell us what new innovations you are bringing with the concept. I'd love to hear more about it.

In the theory of crowdfunding, bigger crowd = bigger funding. Basically, Mega Super Good will be different from the existing websites that offer similar services because we are going to market the hell out of megasupergood.com.

Also, 10% of Mega Super Good's cut will go directly to third world orphanages. So just contributing to our featured projects will directly help to do some actual good in the world.

The fundraising process is similar to those already in practice and Mega Super Good's cut will be 5% of the total amount raised.

As with all fundraising websites, artists would be wise to promote their projects in addition to the efforts of the managers of the website on which they are being promoted.

I’ll tell you why I didn’t respond;

Your site, connecting fans and supporters of independent films,
could be just like the dozen of other sites doing this.

It doesn’t launch for a month. So I can’t do any research on what
it is - exactly - you do.

I’m really dubious when I hear “out-of-the-box”. It’s such a
tired, overused cliche that has no meaning. I have no idea what
the “envelope” is so I have no idea if my projects are pushing it.
Another overused cliche that has no real meaning.

The three projects I have that need funding right now (one with
names attached) are not inspiring, are not “out-of-the-box” and
are not pushing some envelope. They are designed to be
entertaining and reach a movie going audience looking for a
thrill, a laugh and a compelling story. In other words; a project
with broad commercial appeal. Even the project with the lowest
budget might be out of your online hubs scope.

I don’t know because your site won’t launch for a month.

As a businessman in addition to being a filmmaker, I don’t feel
comfortable sending a complete stranger a description of the
concept and my full, line item budget and my portfolio containing
samples of my past work.

No offense intended. Just my reasons. This might be an excellent
online hub that is very different from the others. I look forward
to learning more about it. But until I can do my due diligence I
wouldn’t send all the important information about me and my
project.

Are you at all connected with Mega Super Good Films?

First of all, I would say these days it's rare to see a thrilling, comedic movie that demands movie goers attention -- if you truly have this project, it is definitely not the norm by today's standards.

And, no offense taken. I would probably approach my forum posting the same way you did if I came across it as a filmmaker. Check megasupergood.com in the next few weeks -- we'll be posting some of our promotional and FAQ videos there. I'll be sure to come back to indietalk.com and post when we have those up. If you're still unconvinced about our legitimacy after that, I won't know what to tell you. Other than that, if you have specific questions, please let me know either here, or shoot me an email at cmad@megasupergood.com.

Also, we don't need a line item budget from artists - just the total estimated budget will do. I ask for this because there are many artists out there who come to us with great ideas, but they've never realistically thought about how much it will cost them to carry them out. We want to make sure we get people coming on board with us who have actually done their homework. Filmmakers are usually great about knowing how much their projects will cost, but I also work with musicians, authors, social activists...

megasupergood.com is not connected to Mega Super Good Films at all.

Sorry about the cliches in the earlier post.

Good job on the promo - looks slick, gets the concept across, answers residual questions.

I'm wondering if there's going to be a filtering process when it comes to hosting projects/pages. Kickstarter, for instance, has got quite a strong groundswell going - but one thing that strikes me is that it's so sprawling. I assume MegaSuperGood will run on the same lines - come one, come all. People promoting their own pages will in turn promote MSG.

We're starting a similar project, but for feature films only. Let's hope some of these efforts take off, as this kind of fundraising model SHOULD/COULD be the wave of the future.

Will definitely come by for a visit once your site is up. I'm hoping we can dissect our feature film project and promote part of it (promos/teasers) with MSG. Thanks again for the effort, and see you soon!

Filters

Good job on the promo - looks slick, gets the concept across, answers residual questions.

I'm wondering if there's going to be a filtering process when it comes to hosting projects/pages. Kickstarter, for instance, has got quite a strong groundswell going - but one thing that strikes me is that it's so sprawling. I assume MegaSuperGood will run on the same lines - come one, come all. People promoting their own pages will in turn promote MSG.

We're starting a similar project, but for feature films only. Let's hope some of these efforts take off, as this kind of fundraising model SHOULD/COULD be the wave of the future.

Will definitely come by for a visit once your site is up. I'm hoping we can dissect our feature film project and promote part of it (promos/teasers) with MSG. Thanks again for the effort, and see you soon!

I'm basically doing the filtering right now, screening applicants to pick the most innovative concepts. You're right though, our services will not be limited to one form of artistic medium. Film, inventions, music, social activism, charities, etc... will all be included.

I agree with you about this being 'the wave of the future'. The more ownership and control an artist maintains over his/her work, the less diluted their expressions can be.

megasupergood.com updated

Just updated megasupergood.com with the new theme...going for a beehive, project pollination concept. Any thoughts?

We won't actually launch our services until August, so if you have a project you'd like me to consider, please let me know! -- We are looking for a few more good ones.

-Chris

Hey Chris,

Yes, the look is great! Both warm and slick. I'm feeling the build up and hope the site takes off. It's a deserving concept.

I'll PM you about our project.

Cheers,
Ryan

Back