Please Help Me Identify This Film!

Hi, I am a new member, enormous indi fan & writer, and I will apologize in advance if this topic/inquiry is an unusual one! I have a fragmented-but-fond memory of a film that I am trying to identify, and I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me! The details surrounding this film escape me now, but here is what little I remember:

1. I would have viewed this film during the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2006 (Jan-April), though I cannot recall if it was in a local cinema or via home video rental.

2. The film was very surreal in nature, or at least it contained very surreal elements. It really struck/moved me in many ways at the time of my (one-and-only) viewing.

3. The dominant image I remember is a setting featuring a young boy, possibly blonde, often holding or offering a feather, and of his companion who was a rather androgynous male type figure. These were not central characters in the film, though they did often appear together throughout the story. Feathers figured heavily into the film's imagery as far as I can recall, and the older figure reminded me a bit of Ian McCellen, though he was likely not the actor playing that role.

Does this ring anyone's bell? I was so haunted by whatever this film was after seeing it that I purchased a painting which reminded me very much of the above-described figures, but I cannot for the life of me think of which film this might be! Thanks in advance for reading/considering my inquiry<3

Back