Need Help Understanding Super 8 Film

Hi, I have some kodachrome 2, type a, 40 film, ektrachrome 160 type g and maybe one cartridge of ektachrome 100D. I was wondering if I could get these developed and put them through my projector? I know some film can't be seen very well through a projector so i just want to make sure. Also a couple of these were exposed over a year ago, are they still okay for processing?

The Kodachrome & K40 are no longer processed anywhere, best I'm aware.

www.YaleFilmAndVideo.com still does your Ektachrome rolls, pretty sure. They are a legit place, though relatively expensive.

They can also telecine your processed footage, if you want, so you can edit it as digital files. That's an extra cost, mind you, and with a minimum 1/2-hour charge for time you need about 4 rolls of processed Super-8, at least, to get your money's worth.

I have no idea if your film is any good. :)

There might be a way to process the outdated stock at home or some adventurous labs,it it basically a cross process so the results won't be "normal". Not sure if it is worth the money/hassle. Any reversal film can be played through a projector, just don't do it with negatives. In Europe cost of telecine is almost the same as processing.

Kodak used the suffix -chrome to indicate reversal films, so it is all reversal.

You can't have the Kodachrome processed as color, since Kodak no longer produces the necessary chemistry. But there are a few places that will process it as black and white.

Back