• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Call of Duty: Degradation

This is a completely improvised comedy sketch that I would love some feedback for. (Particularly in the color correction department... does the color seem off to you?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbJYETMiEcw

Haha! This was cool, really funny. I didn't see any problem with the colour correction at all really, but there were a few sound distortions when the sunglasses guys were shouting.
Nice job :)

There was some audio distortion and clipping when they yelled. And the
sniper Toby was shooting
didn't look very real. It wasn't as sharp as the surrounding image. Also, in the shot with
Toby and the sniper
the color correction done to the sky looked very strange to me. I also think the interiors were too dark and contrasty.

But overall I liked it. The camera-work, concept, acting, and ending are great. I was expecting a poorly Call of Duty fan film (there are so many of them), but was pleasantly surprised to find out I was watching an original, fun short film. I think you delivered that Toby line perfectly :lol: Thanks for the laugh!

LMAO!!

Great story.
IDK how much was scripted or improvised, but I enjoyed it pretty good.

Uh... the images are... needing some good deal more work on.
IDK how much color correction was already done, but the lighting seemed to be most problematic.
Too many shadows, too many highlights, not enough midtones.
The framing and composition were uninteresting.

Try scamming some group conversation shot sequences from something like 'Oceans 11,12 & 13'. (Nah. Skip O12, it's terrible.)

Ha ha! That was actually really funny. As Ray has said, the image isn't particularly interesting, but it certainly suffices for a YT comedy sketch. Good job.

Was it a conscious reference to The Office?

Wasn't unfunny, but felt a little too long. Also, I was confused at first about how they could hear one another, but that's probably the results of me not playing video games myself.

Good job :)

I was confused at first about how they could hear one another

Xbox Kinects have this speaker and microphone system. I originally had a few shots that established that that's what the guys with sunglasses were using, while the others were using headsets (The girl hearing their voices through the TV speakers) It was just getting kinda long, so I cut the less interesting bits.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I knew I screwed up during lighting and color correction, but at least I'm learning by error

Back