Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Networking

Old 04-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Contempovision Films
Basic - Premiere Expired

Want To Make IndieTalk: The Movie?

IndieTalk: The Movie. Well that wouldn't be the title or anything, but rather just a proposal title to everyone in THIS forum, since it's the top dog in it's forum field. The brief idea; getting alot of indietalk members to make a film, and everyone contributing different things. Say a couple people writing it, some people filming it, others editing it, composing it... etc, a huge networking film. The worldwide appeal would be greater than the average since it would be produced in serveral countries, and with a high amount of people participating, the advertising size will reach alot of more/different people. I think it's an original idea, well i haven't heard of anything like it, so i would love to discuss this with all of you guys (and girls) and hopefully getting it up and going, so please reply with any cons/pros/questions, and whether you think you'll be interested in joining in!

Cheers, Kane, CV Films.
Contempovision Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 04-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
Eddie Rex
Basic - Premiere Expired

I think its an excellent idea especially for networking opportunities.

However the travelling costs will be quite excessive. Example UK to NYC average return flight 250.
Eddie Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Contempovision Films
Basic - Premiere Expired

Yea, travel would be a hassel for me being down under too, but my idea was to work remotely. For example: say i wrote it with you, we would comunicate via the net obviously. With the filming phase, this is where it might become tricky. But it would probably be the easiest phase to pick who is going to direct/act etc, because it would be best to be where the most indietalkers are located close, for the number of crew. But it will might come down to the actors being non-indietakers though.

Last edited by Contempovision Films; 04-23-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
Contempovision Films
Basic - Premiere Expired

Everyone, ask any/all questions, i have thought about it alot, i have more thoughts to the whole thing than what i have put in the description, and just the thought of what i think could happen really excites me
Old 04-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
Eddie Rex
Basic - Premiere Expired

Question

Well i am an actor/writer, do you have any ideas for a synopsis?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
CootDog

Send a message via AIM to CootDog Send a message via MSN to CootDog Send a message via Yahoo to CootDog
why travel?

people can do their parts where they are located... if you close to other indie talkers, then try to collaborate.

I think the Guru's should take part too... like the script Guru's should over see development of the script... and the others over see their versions...

This thing could be all online... shooters send their film or tapes to the editors then they to the compositers then back and forth and the music and final edit by the editing guru.. or somehting like that.
CootDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
John@Bophe
Basic Member

There was a similar idea to this kicked around a year ago. Nothing ever happened with it, though. We created a back story for two characters, and then we could all create individual 'episodes' featuring the adventures of these characters. The main characters were to be mysterious types -- always dressed in black and hidden in shadows. That way, we could all cast these characters without concern that they didn't look the same in all the episodes.

Here is the original thread--

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=5227
John@Bophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:26 PM   #8
Contempovision Films
Basic - Premiere Expired

CootDog, thats exactly what i meant by working remote. The big idea that i thought was appealing to me/potential audience is the whole thing was done remotley/via the net. And the colabos happening with people close is what i meant/said too.Exactly what i had in mind. And the script gurus would be good to work with if possible. I would be probably involved in the writing with the script, since i'm remotly in Aus.

Eddie, the synopsis we'll come to a little down the track, i want to get all my phases down so the production runs smoothly.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
MrFootballMan
Basic - Premiere Expired

Its a great idea in theory as long as the execution is fine

Filmmaking is such an organic process anyway so this sort of undertaking would be pretty interesting. Extensive screenplay development is easy to do online, I guess that storyboards could be posted and people could make suggestions to lock down that aspect, actors would probably be the hardest part but if someone is willing to undertake it I'd be interested.

Doubt I could fly anywhere though, I have a terrible fear of flying
MrFootballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #10
Contempovision Films
Basic - Premiere Expired

John, thats interseting. I was probably looking to do just 'a' film, more of one solid production. This idea of mine is a little different than that previous attempt.

Last edited by Contempovision Films; 04-23-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #11
John@Bophe
Basic Member

I'll have to check with Charles on this...but the Bophe team might be able to volunteer for sound mastery and score composition.
John@Bophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #12
Eddie Rex
Basic - Premiere Expired

Question

Doubt I could fly anywhere though, I have a terrible fear of flying [/QUOTE]

Oh dear! You have not been watching Airport 9/11 have yer?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #13
Contempovision Films
Basic - Premiere Expired

Eddie: my idea for this project didnt include any air travel time. Unless someone really wanted to be in it that wasn't in the area of the particular phase, it's best to keep the costs low! And since we can all chip in to all different parts of the production, i think the biggest cost here will just be your personal time, which shouldnt be a problem!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #14
Eddie Rex
Basic - Premiere Expired

Thumbs Up

Well that sounds even better!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #15
MrFootballMan
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Rex
Doubt I could fly anywhere though, I have a terrible fear of flying
Oh dear! You have not been watching Airport 9/11 have yer?[/QUOTE]

Doubt I'd like it, its bad enough flying as it is without watching bad things happen to planes

Used to love flying as well, stupid fears. I'm like a big girl, with testicles...
MrFootballMan is offline   Reply With Quote