Home
Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Showcase > Screening Room > Narrative

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 09:40 PM   #31
AcousticAl
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South of the Mason-Dixon
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by indietalk View Post
One thing WalterB said is, you often hear your own dialog differently because you are familiar.
Ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticAl View Post
You're also deeply familiar with both the script and the recorded footage and sound, so you already know the lines.
Freddy, here's what I suggest, because her audio is terrible and it needs to be addressed for the finished short: go back into the edit of this trailer and mute the music. Listen carefully to both actors. Close your eyes and listen. His audio is clear and up-front, with not too much of the "room" beneath his dialog. Hers sounds like she's in a bathroom... it's all "room" and no direct sound.

You say they were both wearing lavs, so where is that audio for her? It sounds like we're hearing her audio either from a camera mic or from the other lav, but it is clearly not from her lav. This may just be an oversight of the edit... her track was accidentally left out, unintentionally lowered or muted, whatever. It sounds bad, and if the audio from her lav indeed exists, it's an easy problem to fix.

It also sounds very much like the keys dropping on the table, and the purse dropping on the table, are production audio or even scratch (camera mic) audio. I'd replace those with SFX or Foley.
AcousticAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member
 
Posts: 17

 
Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #32
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,715
Sorry AcousticAl!!!!!
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #33
directorik
IndieTalk Filmmaking Guru
 
directorik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: hollywood
Posts: 8,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLongSongs View Post
It's not Hollywood quality but I did my damnedest.
No one is expecting Hollywood quality, Freddy. And we all really want to help.
It's frustrating to be called elitist and read your sarcastic comments when I
see people helping you. Or trying to help.

I can tell from your trailer how hard you worked because I, too, was a first
time filmmaker. I hope that someday you will see that each person who
commented here only wants to see you succeed. Even me.

We really ARE rooting for you. All of us. Don't dig in and dismiss comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLongSongs View Post
I can hear the dialog clearly over the phone so i can't take that critique seriously. It's finished now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLongSongs View Post
The sound is not an issue.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


©2003-2015 IndieTalk