Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Promotion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2016, 08:07 PM   #1
zonemovies
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Devon
Posts: 5
Zone! New indie streaming service!

We're an upcoming video streaming service similar to Netflix but dedicated to indie movies and upcoming directors. We believe that there are so many special movies which are yet to be heard of or watched and we would love to spread them movies for everyone to watch.

We have the website designed and ready to go but we're looking for movies and directors to feature and show on the site. We're going to start with limited movies and then we're going to expand and expand!

We're looking for all genres and would love to start with a great range of brilliant movies. These can be shorts or features.

If you're an upcoming director and you're interested in having your movie on the site, please get hold of us.


Last edited by zonemovies; 12-07-2016 at 08:46 PM.
zonemovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member
 
Posts: 17

 
Old 12-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,065
Moved to Promotion.

indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:56 PM   #3
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru
 
directorik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: hollywood
Posts: 9,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonemovies View Post

If you're an upcoming director and you're interested in having your movie on the site, please get hold of us.
How?
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
zonemovies
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Devon
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by directorik View Post
How?
Send a private message to me and I'll give you our details.
zonemovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #5
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,065
Why is it a secret? If you are looking for content before you launch that is great but maybe you can run in Beta mode (slap a beta image on your logo) so it is understood that the traffic is low, but you garner more interest by having a live site. Just an idea! I think people want to see the site, the distribution agreement, etc. If it's all good you will get submissions.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:26 AM   #6
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru
 
directorik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: hollywood
Posts: 9,228
I found your kickstarter. With three days to go you haven't
gotten even one person to donate. I wonder if that's because
you make it very difficult to find out anything about your project.

I really like the idea. But I'm not going to jump through hoops
to get a little information from you; even how to get hold you.

Yours is an unusual promotional plan.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:58 AM   #7
zonemovies
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Devon
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by directorik View Post
I found your kickstarter. With three days to go you haven't
gotten even one person to donate. I wonder if that's because
you make it very difficult to find out anything about your project.

I really like the idea. But I'm not going to jump through hoops
to get a little information from you; even how to get hold you.

Yours is an unusual promotional plan.
At the moment, we have a plan and an idea for the project - To make the idea come to like, we need content to put on the site. Without content we don't have a site. So at the moment, that is what we're trying to do.

We started the Kickstarter page but then didn't really follow up on it as we didn't need the funding, but as you probably know - You can't delete the page. Originally - It was going to be a horror streaming site, but we have decided to spread it across all genres now.

Once we have content - We will have the live working website to actually advertise and promote. The hardest part is getting content approved for your website.
zonemovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #8
zonemovies
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Devon
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indietalk View Post
Why is it a secret? If you are looking for content before you launch that is great but maybe you can run in Beta mode (slap a beta image on your logo) so it is understood that the traffic is low, but you garner more interest by having a live site. Just an idea! I think people want to see the site, the distribution agreement, etc. If it's all good you will get submissions.
The problem we have at the moment, is content for the site - Movies, shows etc! Without that, we don't have enough to start a beta site! Once we get enough content to start a beta version of the site. We will! I can give anyone full information about the site and the agreement we would have based around sharing the content etc.
zonemovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #9
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,065
Zone the problem is you are asking people to contact you. When you have a new product or service you want to be knocking on doors an in people's faces. People don't have the time to do all the work when they don't even know what it is.

He asked how to get the info and instead of you PMing him with it, you asked him to PM you. You'll never get anywhere like that! You could have sent the info.

This is a catch 22. You have no content, so you have no site. You have no site, so you have no content. . Suggestion: Launch the site as "Accepting Submissions" only with your video demo and terms for filmmakers. Don't offer any streaming until you hit a milestone. At that milestone offer a soft launch until you reach the next milestone where you officially launch, and then do your mass-advertising, etc. Hope this helps.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:57 PM   #10
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru
 
directorik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: hollywood
Posts: 9,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonemovies View Post
The problem we have at the moment, is content for the site - Movies, shows etc! Without that, we don't have enough to start a beta site!
So it seems to me that making it easy to contact you would be
step one. But then I'm not good at marketing - I'm a filmmaker,
so maybe I'm missing an important element here.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #11
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,065
Even a placeholder page with contact info and mission statement would be better than nothing.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #12
zonemovies
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Devon
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indietalk View Post
Zone the problem is you are asking people to contact you. When you have a new product or service you want to be knocking on doors an in people's faces. People don't have the time to do all the work when they don't even know what it is.

He asked how to get the info and instead of you PMing him with it, you asked him to PM you. You'll never get anywhere like that! You could have sent the info.

This is a catch 22. You have no content, so you have no site. You have no site, so you have no content. . Suggestion: Launch the site as "Accepting Submissions" only with your video demo and terms for filmmakers. Don't offer any streaming until you hit a milestone. At that milestone offer a soft launch until you reach the next milestone where you officially launch, and then do your mass-advertising, etc. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for this message, it's actually the perfect step to get started with. We're hopefully going to have a beta up next week with all the information needed for filmmakers - Then, we will be accepting submissions and hopefully we get a good response. If all goes well, we will then launch a limited version of the site for everyone and see how it goes.

I am sorry for the basic and blunt post. This is not how we want to be looked at.
zonemovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
indie, movies, netflix, new company, vod


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


©IndieTalk