Hello from Philly!

Hello All!

Just glad to be a part of the forum.

I worked in film a few years back and still have a great passion for it. Although I didn't make it big enough to pay the bills, I still try to get out once in a while and help AD or even act in friends' films.

My background is quite diverse. I've worked in direction, property, locations, electric, art and even crafty. As of recent though I have been working a lot on web development.

In any case, I'm glad to be a part of the community and can't wait to meet you all.

Cheers,

Yes, at 4th and Vine, my old workplace. Kind of hidden
What kind of movies do you like to make?

Pretty much anything that is done well. I've tried to shoot a few "on the go" films and it didn't work out too well. But I did have a lot of fun working on some indies with my friends.

In the past I was on a few features that are still in negotiations with distribution houses etc...

http://www.moviecollapse.com/

That is one I've worked on. Key set PA, head graphics and I also did the site. Is there a group that meets in philly? Would love to get together with some like minded people.

Cheers,

I'm actually about to make the move from Jersey to Philly and was poking around to see if there was any sort of indie/wannabe filmmaking scene in the Philly area?

I just landed in philly about a week ago - I started a thread a couple months ago asking the same question but got no responses, so I assumed that there weren't many indie talkers in town. I've done a little research and found some stuff, I'll try to post some links next week - don't have any firsthand experience with the local scene yet and probably won't really be settled for a few weeks at least..

Back