No longer lurking

Names Brent, been reading posts for the past couple of months now. I've been checking the site everyday now, so I thought I'd actually register. I've already learned a great deal just using the search button.

Quick bio: Graduated from Tx State University with a (useless) degree in communications electronic media. I always loved tinkering around with cameras and editing, but realized my school geared toward how to do tv news, which I hated because a well trained monkey could do tv camera work (I work in a completely unrelated field now)

After an epiphany and watching many bad "indy" movies on netflix, I thought I should at least try to give the whole indy film making a shot. I just bought my super editing computer and have narrowed my camera choices and other equipment (thank you forum). I just finished writing a screenplay (that I would like to share with y'all sometime) and have a few short film ideas floating around in my head. Just taking baby steps for now.

Anyway, love the site and all the advice I already received, glad I can finally contribute now. Thanks!

I lurked hard for months before joining.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy! There's some great people and information here.

Back