• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music Video Critique

Check out a music video we just released yesterday for the band AIA. It's a local band from Oklahoma and the video was a low budget shoot to try out different styles (which this definitely isn't the style we normally do) and help promote the band.
Open for critiquing as well, we'd love to get more feedback on things we should work on.

http://youtu.be/_4o8_Lqo9RE

The music isn't particularly my cup of tea.. but the video goes well with that style of music.

Couple of minor lip sync issues here & there, but his mouth is mostly obscured by the microphone and most people probably won't notice and/or care.

I felt the intro and outro clips to be completely unnecessary, and the intro almost led to my stopping playback before the music even started... so take that how you will.

Overall though, kudos.

Check out a music video we just released yesterday for the band AIA. It's a local band from Oklahoma and the video was a low budget shoot to try out different styles (which this definitely isn't the style we normally do) and help promote the band.
Open for critiquing as well, we'd love to get more feedback on things we should work on.

http://youtu.be/_4o8_Lqo9RE

That worked well.

Simple and effective.

In terms of the band shots, I'd have taken them somewhere with a bit of space. I didn't like being perpetually in the lead singer's face but that's just a personal thing.

The music isn't particularly my cup of tea.. but the video goes well with that style of music.

Couple of minor lip sync issues here & there, but his mouth is mostly obscured by the microphone and most people probably won't notice and/or care.

I felt the intro and outro clips to be completely unnecessary, and the intro almost led to my stopping playback before the music even started... so take that how you will.

Overall though, kudos.

Yeah, the music isn't necessarily my favorite either, but they are good friends of ours and we wanted to test our skills to their song. For the intro and outro parts, I agree with you on them being unnecessary. The band had wanted (funny) clips to open and close the video. (The clips were from an actual party, so for the beginning and end clips, they really didn't know much of what was going on anyways) That is their style so we felt it could compliment the song in that manner. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on it though! We appreciate the decent feedback!

That worked well.

Simple and effective.

In terms of the band shots, I'd have taken them somewhere with a bit of space. I didn't like being perpetually in the lead singer's face but that's just a personal thing.

Thanks for the feedback! We had actually planned on taking them somewhere with more space, but they wanted the "party" vibe and thought it would look best in his garage. We could have cleared more space, so we could have more room to work with but unfortunately we didn't. I felt like we should have gotten full band shots, but lack of room and the lens we were using did not allow that. I know we could have improved it a lot by changing a few things, but we are still happy with how it turned out!

Thanks again for letting us know what you think!

Thanks for the feedback! We had actually planned on taking them somewhere with more space, but they wanted the "party" vibe and thought it would look best in his garage. We could have cleared more space, so we could have more room to work with but unfortunately we didn't. I felt like we should have gotten full band shots, but lack of room and the lens we were using did not allow that. I know we could have improved it a lot by changing a few things, but we are still happy with how it turned out!

Thanks again for letting us know what you think!

More space to work with would have probably done a disservice to the feel they wanted.

Back