Color Grading with Apple COLOR (incl 4K RED RAW) and Blu-Ray Authoring

Hi all,

Reasonable rates offered to indie filmmakers, documentary-makers, music videos, spec commercials, etc.

Color Grading once used to be thought of as the simple process of correcting errors from shooting. Now, more than ever, color grading is an essential part of the creative process. The difference in quality from camera originals to the finished project can be stunning.

The look, the feel you want...

Whether for the look, the feel, creating the mood or fixing film errors such as white balance or varying lighting conditions the color grading experience is where the picture comes together.

• Optimizing special effects
• Establish a look or mood
• Enhance or alter a scene
• Color continuity
• Color palette
• Visual atmosphere
• Manipulate the final image sharpness and grain

Save on Color Grading and mastering services — approx. 75% over post facility rates.

I use Apple COLOR and Final Cut Studio 2. I have used various color grading tools for the last 10 years. Coming from cinematography and photography I have become quite an expert at it, have a keen eye and an artistic flare for grading. I have graded commercials, narrative films, corporate videos and music videos.

Recently, I graded two HD feature films, a Music Video shot on RED, a 2K HD short film project shot on the SI-2K, a feature documentary and a series of Intel commercial (see credits below - IMDB link.)

I have a top-of-the-line system: a Mac Pro Quad Core and a calibrated Broadcast HD monitor. At the end of the day it’s extremely important that what you see is what you get. A lot of people don’t have properly calibrated HD monitors.

I can take RED footage edited with proxies and using various workflows I can access the original 4K RAW camera files and output to ProRes 4:4:4 or an uncompressed master for you.

I also do Blu-Ray authoring and burning, including testing on a Sony Blu-Ray playback system.

Please see samples and contact info here: Colorist samples website and more info
Company credits on IMDB: IMDB Credits

I can take all major credit cards.

I'm in Venice, CA (Los Angeles)

Los Angeles colorist, colorist using Apple Color, Colorist in Los Angeles, Apple Color Colorist, Color grading, color grade, color grading in Los Angeles, color correct, color correcting, Blu-Ray DVD Authoring in Los Angeles, Blu-Ray DVD writing, visual effects compositing, green screen compositing

Back