• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New Short Film Website Launched!

Our new short film website http://filmshortage.com is finally launched!!

Film Shortage is an online short film cinema, featuring mind-blowing new shorts every week. Our mission is to be a perfect launch pad and support filmmakers to get their shorts out there!

Film Shortage’s main focus will be the ‘Featured Short’. What does your film need to be featured? Simply enough it needs to be good! We like well scripted stories, and we like them even better if they are well shot! Although we encourage narrative shorts, we will accept any type of short film if we think it is exceptional. We accept shorts of any budget category, but strongly encourage the low-budget productions. Films should preferably be under 20 minutes.

We love trailers! If you have a trailer for your short film, send it to us we will post it on our ‘Short Trailers’ page. Our goal is to help you promote your film as much as we can, trailers are a great way to give your viewers a tease.

We also encourage shorts that are made in Québec or by a Québecois (in any languange). Submit us your short and we will feature it in our ‘Films de chez nous’ section. These shorts could also be selected as main features.

Submitted a few days ago but havent heard back abt it.

Also, im finding it a bit hard to navigate the site. When i click on short films, i only see the featured ones and cant seem to find anymore.

Submitted a few days ago but havent heard back abt it.

Also, im finding it a bit hard to navigate the site. When i click on short films, i only see the featured ones and cant seem to find anymore.

Thank you for your feedback Ernest.

Having just launched we are having a very busy week, and due to the great number of submissions we received this week, we might not be able to respond to each one. This being said we have yet started to respond to emails this week, our site is a work in progress and this is something we are looking to improve.

At the moment we do not have an Archive page for all the films, our site is divided in 3 sections: Featured shorts, Films de chez nous and Trailers. We will soon be adding archive pages to the site.

Thank you for your feedback, and hope you see the progress of our site in the coming weeks.

Back