Advertising your movie

Heya all! Ok, so let's say I've made a little ad to advertise our little street football organisation. Is it possible to ask a local cinema to show our ad a few days? What process is involved? Do I have to convert my digital ad to film? (Which is impossible considering I have no budget)
Is it possible to be done for free , in return for mentioning them in the ad AND in our posters? :D

Grakin it all depends on the movie house. Today a lot of movie theaters use DVD. So u can just burn a DVD, and walla. I would ask the house. Just call them or go visit them and you will be surprised.

I manage a big chain movie theater. The amount of money required to get your ad on one of our screens would not be worth it. We do not use DVD (I'm not sure who does - unless it's a local non-profit "art house" type); we use a satellite feed that comes in over a digital projector (for both the in-theater advertisements before the previews and the televisions in the lobby). All of the ad time is furiously bought up by the likes of Coca Cola, The Disney Channel, Old Spice (you get the picture), handled by the corporate office, and we're contractually obligated to run it without fail. Theater management has no control over such things. Unless it's a very small chain or an art house type of place, you probably don't have much of a chance.

Hmm...

Even in the big theaters, you see ads advertising for ad space (get that?). They put a number up on the screen. Call that number and find out how much and what's needed.

Back