On indiegogo does asking what may be too much turn the audience off?

I find all the info you need hard to find sometimes on websites. Asking here is better sometimes. Is a stretch campaign a seperate campaign done after yours is over with?

When it comes to this sort of information, asking here is never better than finding out for yourself. Someone could give you the wrong information. Would you take my word for it if I told you that KS takes 30%, while IGG only takes 27%? It’s not hard to find. It’s there. Go take a look for yourself.

“Stretch Goals” are added to your original campaign once you reach your target. Super Troopers 2 seems to be doing pretty well with its stretch goals.

Only on an indie film forum could I find such a volatile snob of the OP's caliber.

Stop trying to rely on other peoples art to make yours good and you wouldnt have any of these budget issues.

Only on an indie film forum could I find such a volatile snob of the OP's caliber.

Stop trying to rely on other peoples art to make yours good and you wouldnt have any of these budget issues.

define art guy . info is art? some advice based on experience is art? no. YOu're obviously not an artist. You are the common conditioned folk who think everyone and everything is art. you're a wanker

Well, it makes sense that people are sceptical about flexible funding for film projects.
When you are crowdfunding to produce super cool socks and the funders are in essence buying socks raising half the money will not harm the socks. (It will probably harm the margin made on the socks.)
Raising only half of what is needed to make or complete a feature is a whole different problem: you can't say to yur backers: "We only got half of the goal, so you'll get a half of the movie on DVD with half of the artwork as a cover."

The Kickstarter way gives backers a kind of security that they aren't wasting money: if there are not enough backers they get their money back. If there are enough, they'll live to see a finished movie. :)

lets see if i can change your mind though. So in my opinion they are wasting their time if the project doesnt get back and they are also let down.

But flex funding a project that is going to get made would give a sense of certainty wouldnt it. Helping it to get out there or funding necessary music to create its full effect could be helping a project more. Since we have a project that is certain to a project that isnt.
what do you think?

Ask the appropriate amount. Get a budget sheet together, be realistic, and ask what you need. Either budget for a 'sweat equity' production where a lot of people work for free, or budget where everyone gets paid. And if you're asking for 30K or more...I'd say you should have a few solid projects under your belt first. If you have nothing to show, and you're trying to make a feature for 50K, I probably won't contribute or even be interested. Have something to show.

...in my opinion they are wasting their time if the project doesnt get back...

But if a fixed funding campaign fails, that very small amount of time (it doesn’t take very long to click ‘Back This Project’ you know) is all that they have lost. There is no possibility of them losing any money.

Again, if your flexible funding campaign fails, your backers will lose their money (unless, of course, you did the decent thing and offered a refund (although you could never refund the percentage that IGG had taken (unless you did so out of your own pocket))). Say I backed you to the tune of $30, and for that I got a DVD. If your $20,000 campaign only made $5,000, I’ll still receive my DVD. But that DVD won’t feature the music that I’d backed you in order for you to license. But you’ve still got my $30 in you back pocket. Perhaps you’d spend it on something else for the movie, but it’s still not the music that your campaign was ran in order to fund.

...flex funding a project that is going to get made would give a sense of certainty wouldnt it. Helping it to get out there or funding necessary music to create its full effect could be helping a project more. Since we have a project that is certain to a project that isnt.
what do you think?

Again, again, again... You will not be funding a project that is definitely going to get made. The project you will be funding will be your finished film, plus commercial music. That project is not certain to happen, unless your campaign is successful!

But if a fixed funding campaign fails, that very small amount of time (it doesn’t take very long to click ‘Back This Project’ you know) is all that they have lost. There is no possibility of them losing any money.

Again, if your flexible funding campaign fails, your backers will lose their money (unless, of course, you did the decent thing and offered a refund (although you could never refund the percentage that IGG had taken (unless you did so out of your own pocket))). Say I backed you to the tune of $30, and for that I got a DVD. If your $20,000 campaign only made $5,000, I’ll still receive my DVD. But that DVD won’t feature the music that I’d backed you in order for you to license. But you’ve still got my $30 in you back pocket. Perhaps you’d spend it on something else for the movie, but it’s still not the music that your campaign was ran in order to fund.

Again, again, again... You will not be funding a project that is definitely going to get made. The project you will be funding will be your finished film, plus commercial music. That project is not certain to happen, unless your campaign is successful!

no i'm trying to tell you the film is going to be made the money isnt for the finished project. So there is no campaign fail.

no i'm trying to tell you the film is going to be made the money isnt for the finished project. So there is no campaign fail.

You really don't understand. When you're crowdfunding, you're selling a product. And I'm not referring necessarily to the perks; the film itself is the product that you are trying to sell. I understand, you have a finished film. But that's not the product you're selling with your campaign. That product is your finished film with an awesome soundtrack. That's why I'm giving you money. If you don't get enough funding, you can't license the music, you can't complete your product. If I've already given you $30, I lose that money.

You really don't understand. When you're crowdfunding, you're selling a product. And I'm not referring necessarily to the perks; the film itself is the product that you are trying to sell. I understand, you have a finished film. But that's not the product you're selling with your campaign. That product is your finished film with an awesome soundtrack. That's why I'm giving you money. If you don't get enough funding, you can't license the music, you can't complete your product. If I've already given you $30, I lose that money.

Ok i gotcha , sorry. I cant give any money back with flex funding correct? even if i want to?

And i guess my angle is more selling the film message cause etc to help show it better with the music . They arent just contributing just for the sound track I suppose . If i try to sell it as a whole and make the perks fair. "as i've noticed many arent" This could counter that?

Back