Musician Interested in Indie Films

Hello,

my name is Chase Steele, I am a 20 year old musician from Pennsylvania. I am currently studying as a Music Industry major at HACC (a local school with some renown for this department). I have been creating and recording music in my own studio for the passed 8 years. I have always loved the creation process of my music, more so than performing it. As such, I have recently gained interest in the film industry, I actually even have some interest in going to a film school. I have created several compositions for short films which were artistic in nature (aprox. 3 min in length). This will be one of the first steps I have taken to try and collaborate with a film artist. I am well versed in many styles, but perhaps not so much classical.

Here's the deal, I understand that just as much as I am looking for ways to get my music used, film makers are looking for ways to get music without paying licensing etc. all the hassle that comes with that. I am posting here as an open call to any indie film maker, who needs music - I will do it for free, for the benefit of my own (and possibly your) experience. I hope that if anyone is interested, we can both learn from each other and provide a mutual helpful service.

This is my first time to these forums, so I hope that I have come to the right section to make this thread.

- Chase

Back