How to shoot with live chickens inside someone's bar

Hello everyone,

I'm producing a short film written/directed by my friend Brandon. Brandon is financing the film and wants to spend 1.5-2 grand on the whole thing. The film is about a bar night centered around competitive chicken photography, and we are searching for a bar that will allow us to bring two live chickens inside. We are looking for a chicken owner who can provide and wrangle the chickens.

So far, all the bars I have approached have been hard no's on the idea of live chickens inside their bar, citing "healthcode violations." Has anybody done something like this before? Can this be done on this budget? Any tips on what we can do to make it safe and clean, and how to express that to the bar owners?

Thank you very much,

BenG

My sister and her husband have been in the hospitality industry for 35+ years, and I served a tour to two in my younger days. Health code laws are VERY strict, and very few will invite a health code violation into their establishment.

Hello everyone,

I'm producing a short film written/directed by my friend Brandon. Brandon is financing the film and wants to spend 1.5-2 grand on the whole thing. The film is about a bar night centered around competitive chicken photography, and we are searching for a bar that will allow us to bring two live chickens inside. We are looking for a chicken owner who can provide and wrangle the chickens.

So far, all the bars I have approached have been hard no's on the idea of live chickens inside their bar, citing "healthcode violations." Has anybody done something like this before? Can this be done on this budget? Any tips on what we can do to make it safe and clean, and how to express that to the bar owners?

Thank you very much,

BenG

Not much help, but I found it funny seeing this thread the day after watching something where a bar with imminent health code inspections had to rush to hide some live chickens :)

More practically, surely you just need to mock up a bar setting? I doubt any active business is going to risk their livelihood for a short film :)

Is competitive live chicken photography a thing?

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much,

BenG

This just might be the most unique post ever. Competitive Chicken Photography?

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much,

BenG

That's because you forgot to mention they were "emotional support" chickens.

Back