• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Royalty Free Music

I made this piece a while back and haven't used it in anything. Thought I'd share. If you like it feel free to use in your film or video.

I'm not a musician, so to many of you it might sound like noise. But I hope you at least enjoy the light show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eag5_BIGQ

I made this piece a while back and haven't used it in anything. Thought I'd share. If you like it feel free to use in your film or video.

I'm not a musician, so to many of you it might sound like noise. But I hope you at least enjoy the light show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eag5_BIGQ

I'm a musician and it didn't sound like noise. Pretty kool groove actually. Perhaps a tad monotonous. :) Just a little.

check out my thread, royalty free has no bearing on if anyone can use this or not legally. maybe you mean public domain.

check out my thread, royalty free has no bearing on if anyone can use this or not legally. maybe you mean public domain.

I didn't mean public domain. That would imply that people can take this piece and sell it by itself, package it with other thnigs etc.

What I meant was, if you're an artist who needs a piece of music to use in your artwork, and don't have any money, AND don't want to pay for it, you can use it in your artwork without worrying about paying anything for it. Not public domain.

In any event, about 3 people have watched it, so I don't think it really matters. But I've got quite a few of these pieces sitting idly on my computer, doing absolutely nothing. So I don't really mind if other people use them for their "art" or "commercial art" purposes. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Well at least you have some perspective. You would be amazed at how many submissions we get at Sonitarium that aren't much more than this, often done in FL, and those folks are under the impression they're musicians and pretty good ones at that. :)
-- Brian

Well at least you have some perspective.
-- Brian

Hah!! That's actually all I have really. Perspective. I know exactly how shitty my work is :D. I just don't have the talent to do anything about it :)

Just wanted to add that I checked out your site. You should think about adding sound effects to the site such as Find Effects/Sell Effects. I'm a poor filmmaker, and even I just bought some "beeps" from another site. I don't think that can hurt.

some customer perspective?? :)
Cheers,
Aveek

Back