The Mary Project - a USA-Australia indie film project.

Hi Aussie filmmakers,
I am an Aussie living in NYC and have teamed up with some local talent and crew here to embark on a feature film that is going to be mostly shot in Australia. I also wrote the screenplay.

We are looking to team up with an experienced Aussie producer to make this feature.

The Mary Project is a dramedy about Mary, a depressed New Yorker who collides with an Aussie tourist. Their collision sparks a friendship which is a catalyst for her journey of self discovery 'down under'.

We have just shot the teaser and have a very good (award winning) Director. We are about to go into full fund raising phase and would like to team up with an experienced Australian producer (as the film is essentially Australian).

Please contact me at kylieg007@gmail.com for serious enquiries. I will be in Australia for the month of January and am hoping to set up some meetings.
Thanks,
Kylie Garcelon

I did some snooping, it appears your an actor, which is no bad thing, you have an indiegogo project for your film which secured its target you have an extra 14 days of contributions, http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-mary-project

If I'm right I believe the director is Rob Margolies, I can't see any award winning stuff from him, but he seems to attract actors with some fame already which is always a good thing.

Seems like a good project for networking, I'd say go for it.

Producer Wanted - The Mary Project - Australia

Hi
Thanks for the responses.

IndiePaul the Australian location is rural NSW, Australia - the reason there is not an exact location is because it is a private property - but I hope that helps answer your question. sufficiently.

8salacious9 I thank you for your snooping! Here are some links to some of Rob's awards:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1827689/awards?ref_=nm_awd

In addition to those awards he has also placed in numerous other film awards which I am sure your 'snooping abilities' can uncover soon enough :)

Also you are right - I am an actor and writer (I am also a chef). And I am proud of all three.

Most importantly I am an Australian and I want to make this movie.

Back