HELP - Film career path, undecided

Hello everyone, I have been a film lover for years and for the last couple of years have been seriously considering a career in film. I'm a 21 years old. I don't know if I should become a director/screenwriter or a producer.
I wouldn't consider myself very creative, even though I've been a music and film freak ever since I was 7 years old. I can't draw shit, I know it has nothing to do with film but it shows my lack of creativity. However, I always come up with great movie ideas and concepts. I am very motivated to learn and I am sure I can learn the craft but I am worried that I will fail in becoming a director.
Becoming a producer is also another thing I am interested in pursuing, though I would certainly prefer being a director because you create your own projects.

What do you guys would recommend to a person who is struggling considering a career as a director/screenwriter? or a producer?

First you have to decide whether you want to struggle for a dozen years or so. So many are attracted to the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry; very few realize how much hard work and discipline is required. Filmmaking, in fact any individual aspect of filmmaking, is VERY hard work. If you want to be even moderately successful you need to be very disciplined.

Investigate your "local" filmmaking community. Work for free as a PA or whatever on every indie film set you can find. That's where you start. Also devour everything you can on filmmaking - books, documentaries, forums, etc. If you want to be a screenwriter, then write. Write something EVERY DAY.

You say that you also love music. Is it just a passion, or are you very knowledgeable? Maybe being a music supervisor is a path to explore. A degree in management and/or law, in addition to your vast musical knowledge, would be required.

As a producer management and finance knowledge will give you an advantage.

How are your people skills? Most good directors have superior people skills.

This is a decision you need to make on your own; just be aware that you only get out of it what you put into it.

Back