ProHector: Warehouse Cinema

Hey guys, while soliciting and self-promoting like this is the last thing i'd ever normally do, I'm running a warehouse cinema every monday at a place called The Pitz in Marrickville, Sydney. I started it up as a communal experience for film fans from all over Sydney to gather on a monday night and have some drinks and watch a film. It has been a middling success, but i'd like to expand on that. Which is why i am posting what is tantamount to web forum spam.

Every monday night @ 7.30pm we show a feature film. They range from cult hits to crowd favourite to some of the most laughably horrible films ever produced. Every now and then we also do marathon screenings and double features. Entry is free, but a gold coin donation is encouraged. The end goal is to have an environment for film fans and budding filmmakers to meet interact and have a venue to screen thier own shorts and features on upon request.

The venue is also a rehearsal space for bands and a general art space for all kinds of local artists. Hopefully with the money raised from the screenings we will (eventually) be able to purchase filmmaking equipment for local filmmakers to use in the space.

Anyway, we've been doing it for 35 odd weeks and it has been a lot of fun so far. So if you're a Sydney-sider and are looking to see a film with a group of like-minded people on a monday night check out

www.facebook.com/prohector

and feel free to message me on the facebook page if you're looking for any more details.

Thanks for reading this. I promise it's the last bit of spam you'll see from me.

I've just watched the trailer and really enjoyed it! That sounds great. It's exactly the kind of thing we've wanted to do. if you could just send me a message on the prohector facebook we'll talk through there and figure out all the details.

or just email me at hectorbrossi at gmail dot com

i just realised facebook fan pages don't have a messaging function!

Back