• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I Know - Lynch Video Competition - My first work

Hi guys.

I bought a 550d about a month ago. I found out about the David Lynch competition on Wednesday of last week. A friend and I made an entry. Mainly because we just wanted to do something and David Lynch is pretty neat.

Anyway, it's literally the first thing we've shot or edited. Pretty intense.

It came out maybe.. 50% of what we envisioned. There are lots of quirks in the edit I'd like to change but we didn't start editing until last night. The deadline was today at 6 cst. Overall I feel like we accomplished something.

I'm posting it here because I couldn't have done it without all the stuff I've learned reading this messageboard for the last few months. Critique is more than welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks dudes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH3QeGFUM3Q

Last edited:
Good job getting your first video done. Not bad.

In the future months, I'd steer clear of graphics, video-overlays, and stuff. Until you've really got this all figured out (which takes time and practice), I'd exclusively use straight cuts only.

Thank you.

We actually added that cheesy effect because we didn't have enough footage to execute our actual idea. Amazing learning experience.

Back