• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch James Bond Inspired Music Video

Really, really good.

Probably more like a short film than a music video (I was too busy watching to listen to the lyrics, but I assume their related to the topic?) but the filming was really well done and the effects believable. I get the impression that you shot most of it on location?

Anyhow, great job :)

Minor quibble with the look of the guy who played Bond and the expression of the bad guy (Toxikov!) near the end. Otherwise, that was really damn slick!!

That video goes to show, it's not the equipment that makes the film, it's the filmmaker (and his hoard of minions)

Uber well done!

That was very impressive, Chris. Although I'm not a fan of James Bond, i was entertained.

May i ask what the budget was for the video?

And Welcome to Indietalk!

When I met up with John Landis (director of the Thriller video) his advice was, 'If you have a great track turn into a mini movie.'

So yes you're right it is like a mini movie, it was a designed that way. Yes the lyrics do relate to the video and the music I believe has that 'Bond' sound.

Here is a photo of myself with Rich (The Rebel Spy). I had a small cameo as a Russian Commander.

IMG_4159.jpg

Here are a few of the hundreds of storyboards I did to plan every shot.

Storyboardexample.jpg

The budget was £600.

Rather you than me :D

Actually I'd love to do that. Those were some proper pyrotechnics and I have to say that they look a hell of a lot better than the usual amateur results from After Effects.

It's cool though, you seem to have a very Spielbergesque mentality to special effects :)

awesome man... I agree with scoopicman though..

love to see more from you

So for about a $1000 you made a music video with special fxs that is indistinguishable from professionally produced hollywood music videos? I want to work on your crew lol. That video was awesome.

Here is my first video I did with pyros last year. It's called Wake Down and set in the trenches of WW1.
Please turn your speakers off as the song is TERRIBLE!
This was done on an even smaller budget! £200 max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fB3IcEdRE

You can definatly use pyros in indie films but you will have to pay for them. They add A LOT of production value!

Here is my first video I did with pyros last year. It's called Wake Down and set in the trenches of WW1.
Please turn your speakers off as the song is TERRIBLE!
This was done on an even smaller budget! £200 max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fB3IcEdRE

You can definatly use pyros in indie films but you will have to pay for them. They add A LOT of production value!

First off you are correct. That is some of the most excruciating music I have ever heard and I have heard a lot of bad music.

Second once I got past the music the video was once again awesome! How do you secure locations and props for such a cheap price?

I've just a got a great team that I've built up. We really work well together.

We built the trench just for that shoot. It was tough working conditions because it was so tight
and the weather was terrible...but it was great fun and I loved blowing stuff up and playing with the plane and all the weapons...boys toys!

Back