Self distribution

Hey !

I completely new to this forum and also completely new to film making ! And as a newbie, even if I haven't done anything significant for the moment, just some shorts with friend to learn a bit, I am wondering about distribution...

What do you think of service like www.caachi.com or www.createspace.com for self distribution ? What are the main advantages/drawbacks ? Is it effective ? Does this really simplify the process of distribution ?

Thx in advance for your answer.

Hey guys.....back to report more on self-distributing "BAZOOKAS: The Movie".

Well, as I mentioned last time i was here....FilmBaby.com just isn't working out for me. They pay better than dealing with Amazon (they take $4 per DVD) but the place is a ghost town. The traffic there stinks and the site isn't that great. My trailer looks like crap on their antiquated player. When I sell out my current stock there I won't be replenishing it.

I've been selling DVDs on Amazon's Advantage program. I hate the fact that they take an insane 55% from sales but people like buying from them. I sell the DVD for a couple bucks cheaper on the same page but people still buy Amazon's copy! It's annoying and I have no remedy.

CreateSpace via Amazon's Video on Demand has been working out quite well. Since mid-December, BAZOOKAS has been constantly in the top 3 of several comedy categories (campy, slapstick, teen, screwball). CS reports numbers about 30 days after the end of a month and pays in an additional month. I can deal with waiting to get paid but I have no idea why their numbers aren't real-time. Puzzling that an Amazon.com company moves so slowly.

And, of course, I am selling my DVD at www.bazookasthemovie.com I have been neglecting promoting the site as of late and I'm trying to focus on changing that. I'd love to hear tips/tricks/pointers on boosting traffic.

Good news....we signed with a company that will be bringing BAZOOKAS to cable pay-per-view and on-demand sometime this year! This should really boost our bottom line but payment will be slow as it makes it's way to us. Nonetheless, I am excited about it and really like the company we have the agreement with (which I will talk about soon).

I hope you're all doing well with your films!

Mike

I'd like to mention that we also now have a Facebook Fan Page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bazookas-The-Movie/63375084680

Last edited:
Film Distribution

Hey guys! We have officially released our feature film via our own website. We decided it was more important for people to view the film than make money (although a return would be nice!), so we gave viewers an option to pay for a dvd or download movie for free. We shot this film for $8,000.00 on a DVX 100. The film went on to be included in a few film festivals and even received a Best First Feature Nomination! Visit our site and download movie for free!

http://www.nobodysmilingmovie.com/Site/trailer.html

Back