• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A memorable story - what is needed?

Because I have a writer’s block by the horror film idea, I reactive an old project. You know! The X-files-like series idea. I have some ideas for it. And the main story is character driven. So, now my problem is I have no awesome idea for a first episode. (No pilot episode!) I don’t wanna steal the idea of X-files’ pilot episode. So, what’s making a good first episode to a memorable episode?

Hi guys I want to write a good story but I don't know any good stories so I can't write down any good stories. Can someone tell me a good story so I can write it down and say i made it up?

A memorable story - what is needed?

1. A great (hopefully unique) idea
2. Relatable characters

Once you have those you need to utilize your passion and be incredibly disciplined to complete your vision. You need to maintain a clear-eyed objectivity. You need to recognize, accept and utilize constructive criticism. You must be able to kill your babies.

After reading your numerous repetitive posts it appears to me that you have no passion, no discipline and little familiarity with your subject matter. You randomly bounce from idea to idea and look for affirmation about amorphous concepts you yourself cannot clearly articulate.

So, here's what you need to do - Write what you know.

If I were a writer (I'm not, although I've tried…) my first story/script would be a dramedy about a bar band, or perhaps a straight drama about a musicians struggle up the ladder. That's what I know. That is where you should start, writing about something that is very familiar to you.

Back