canon HFG10 or canon XA10

Hi guys i was wondering if i could get a little help here, i am about to purchase a new camera and i had the canon XA10 in mind However i was also looking at the canon HFG10 which from i can see is pretty much the same camera apart from the handle with the xlr inputs.
Now my question is do you think i would be better buying the HFG10 and save that extra $500 or so as i already have a zoom h4n for off camera audio and could probably use that extra money to buy more toys :P or is the XA10 worth the extra cash? just wondering if anybody had a better idea than me as i cant see too much difference between the cameras and im not sure which way to go.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Nic

I completely agree with rayw.
I own the HFG10, great camera. But $500 really isn't worth it for the xlr inputs especially since you already own that recorder. The XA10 includes 64gb sotrage instead of 32gb, but when saving $500 you can use some of that to get a 32 or two 16gb cards if it is an issue.

If you are away from a power source often when recording and require the battery to last for more then an hour and a half, then i recommend a second battery. The one supplied is rated for 2 hours, but alot of reviews and my own use only allow me to get between an hour and an hour and a half of recording. I ended up getting the battery with double capacity so i can now record for about 4 - 5 hours.

Cool thanks for that benllben will definitely look into getting another battery then.
Sweet, glad i asked was leaning more towards the G10 but now its definite.
So now to do a little more shopping, hmmm what to get haha

Back