• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Movie Distribution Opportunity

Shami Media, Inc of New York City, http://shamimedia.com/ ,is currently accepting feature length movies (no shorts at this time) for worldwide distribution. We have been working in distribution for over 15 years and have an extensive catalog of music and films.

We currently have exclusivity with F.Y.E (For Your Entertainment) stores; owned & operated by Transworld Entertainment. Along with that, we have direct accounts with Walmart, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, MVD and Baker and Taylor to name a few. Online, we work with iTunes and Netflix. Our direct accounts worldwide will benefit all parties concerned.

If your movie is accepted, Shami Media, Inc will prepare your movie for manufacturing including DVD design. Once we secure licensing, we will enter a 50/50 deal with you, with no upfront costs.

Please contact Frank J. Mosca at frankiej225@hotmail.com if you are interested in submitting your movie for consideration, or with any questions that you may have. We look forward to getting things started!

What percentage of an indie movie sales are going to actually be sales in brick and mortar stores? Brick and mortar distribution is in decline like 8-track tapes once went out of style.

we will enter a 50/50 deal with you, with no upfront costs.

Assuming there are caps on costs, that's not too bad a deal. Just so others know, the usual deal is 20% royalty on home entertainment.

One thing that I'd be a little worried about would be paying distribution fee (50%) + admin costs on top of the itunes 30% cut. If I had a movie to distribute through you, I'd insist on separating the digital from the deal. Is that possible?

If your movie is accepted, Shami Media, Inc will prepare your movie for manufacturing including DVD design. Once we secure licensing, we will enter a 50/50 deal with you, with no upfront costs.
That's quite a good deal. So all your distribution cost are taken out of
your 50% and nothing taken out up front? I'm interested. I have an
award winning crime thriller with no names.

Sorry for the delay everyone, as I have been bombarded with submissions...

Blade_Jones... I agree, VOD is taking over, but if Walmart, FYE and or RedBox pick up your movie, you can make a lot of money. It is impossible to give a percentage of Brick and mortar distribution, as every film is different. We go after any sale we can, and that includes VOD, Brick and mortar, Broadcast, etc (Worldwide).

Sweetie... Yes, we offer an amazing deal compared to our competitors. We prefer to have exclusive rights because when you have a catalog of over 1000 movies, it gets confusing as to what sales rights you have for which project. We are however open to discuss non exclusive rights.

rayw... Our websites are currently being redesigned. When they are launched, what we do and our catalog will be very clear. Shami Media is really taking off now! Yes, we are distributing my movie "This Wretched Life." How could I possibly work for a distribution company and not have them distribute my movie, right? Shami Media has done everything that they agreed to do and has kept me in the loop from the artwork to the movies placement. I have nothing but amazing things to say about my experience at Shami Media as a filmmaker and an employee.

directorik... we front the distribution costs which are really not much in relation to what a film can make. When the movie starts making money, we take back the money that was fronted to prepare your movie for distribution, and then everything is split 50/50. It is a 50/50 split minus our expenses. These expenses are not much, however, in relation to what a movie can make. Professional manufacturing costs are under approx $1000 for most projects currently. If you have an award winning crime thriller that you would like to submit for consideration, email me at frankie@planetmosca.com or frankiej225@hotmail.com.

I agree, VOD is taking over, but if Walmart, FYE and or RedBox pick up your movie, you can make a lot of money. It is impossible to give a percentage of Brick and mortar distribution, as every film is different. We go after any sale we can, and that includes VOD, Brick and mortar, Broadcast, etc (Worldwide).
The market for low budget indie films in Walmart, Best Buy and other brick and mortar stores is tiny. All you have to do is browse through their selection to see that. The market for broadcasting is even tinier if not nonexistent.

"Exclusive" rights are very dangerous with a small, untested company. You could get sued (by them) for selling your film on Amazon, and if your "exclusive" distributer does a poor job
of selling (or doesn't sell any at all), you may have to sue them to get the rights back for your own film. A "non-exclusive" deal will allow you an "out" if your distributor doesn't perform or goes broke...at least you can take your film elsewhere without penalty.

Just sayin'...we learned the hard way.

P.S. - This company claims to distribute "over 1000 titles". Where's the list?

rayw... Our websites are currently being redesigned. When they are launched, what we do and our catalog will be very clear. Shami Media is really taking off now!
Fair enough.

I just surprised a month later IMDB.com is also redesigning their website: http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Shami+Media&s=all
Ahem.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331312/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co
They aren't listed as the OP's film's distributor.

DENMARK!
stirthepot.gif

Found this post with an actual Shami Media contract. http://www.filmmakerforum.org/distr...on-contract-shami-media-got-any-feedback.html
Looks to be a signing over of copyrights -- not a licensing deal as it should be!
Also it's "less any and all expenses, costs or fees" with NO caps!
And if anything goes wrong, you're paying for all of your attorney fees even if you win in court, and the whole while you'd be powerless to distribute/sell YOUR movie on your own.

No thanks. I've dealt with non-paying small distributors in the past and it's a horrible situation, and that's when I still owned my copyrights which I would NEVER transfer over to anyone. Again you LICENSE rights.

Back