What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done or the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A year ago, I gave $200 to a homeless person.
I suppose it says something about today's society when giving money to someone in need is considered crazy.

I don't necessarily go out to do "crazy" things. Somehow, however, crazy situations have occurred.

As a teenager I spent a couple of summers in the early 1970's as the mate on a charter fishing boat. We hit a sand bar during a vicious, sudden squall and sprung a leak. We got back fine - we were already in the inlet - but the boat was in dry dock for a week. During that week I worked another boat that did off-shore fishing (tuna, swordfish, etc.). The boat had a 40 foot tuna tower which yours truly had to climb. I was in the tower and had just notified the captain that I had sighted sharks. In such situation you obviously move to a different fishing spot. I was climbing down when the boat was hit abeam by a large wave, and I fell into shark infested waters 100 miles off shore. I was fished out of the water within moments (yes, I was wearing my life vest), but I was pretty scared, especially since I was reading "Jaws," which was, at the time, a best-selling novel.

classic-fiberglass-bertram-boat-yacht-photo-image.jpg

The boat I worked on was MUCH older, but I figured some of you landlubbers needed to see what a tuna tower was. Imagine swaying side-to-side 15 feet or more.

Nice AA. That's a great one to tell when you're in a boat drinking with friends trying to one up each other's stories :)

I literally just got back from swimming in the fountain at the university with friends. I'm not the adventurous type so I left early before the cops showed up.

Did you make the motorcycle video? I don't get the post.

I think giving $200 to a homeless person is commendable but not crazy unless you are also homeless or broke. Why did you think it was crazy? That may help use understand.

I can understand someone thinking it's crazy, Stevenson.
I'm just saying the world might be a better place if more people didn't think it was.

Did you make the motorcycle video? I don't get the post.

I think giving $200 to a homeless person is commendable but not crazy unless you are also homeless or broke. Why did you think it was crazy? That may help use understand.

It's unusual, unconventional to give a lot of money to a random stranger in today's society,
the first thing many people said to me when I told them I did that was "Are you crazy!?"

The video simply shows that some bikers put their lives at risk by doing these stunts

Would you give $200 to a stranger my friend?

If I were a millionaire, it wouldn't matter that much to me, but the world to one I give it to.
If I only have $200 and give it all away, without knowing when I will have money again: then it is indeed a risk. :P

Crazy stuff?

Drove a few hundred miles with a girl I never met before to shoot falling stars.
Not dangerous or insane. Just a little bit crazy in a fun way.

I take calculated risks :P
I'm not interested is crazy risky things. I'm more into crazy, magical things that happen spontanuously:
giving hitchhikers a ride and then ending up traveling with them for a few days while showing them around in several cities.
Getting up at 2:30 AM in summer to catch the orange light at the horizon before dawn starts.

Back