Silent Film ideas w/ theme "What Matters Most"

Hello! As my name suggests, I'm very new in film-making and I'm mostly used to being the actor.
The real magic happens behind the cameras and this will be my first time actually creating a short film.

I have a few ideas up my sleeve, but if you would be kind enough to suggest ideas,
I would be grateful! I would like to also see others' perspectives regarding the theme.

It can be any genre and the film itself would be 3-5 minutes long. One of the challenges is that the music
we'll be using will be Royalty-free.

Looking forward to replies, please and thank you! :blush::):lol:

Last edited:
I was thinking since it's a silent film, go meta. Story is what matters most, and not sound or dialog. :)

By silent film I assume you mean no dialogue. So it is safe to suggest that the score of the film must be on point. Because not only you have the action to tell the story. The music should speak for itself.

Then what would you say? Tell us about this project.
I just want to hear other possible stories that can go well with the theme "What Matters Most"
My life so far has really been limited, I haven't experienced any life-changing events atm
and so maybe some of you guys have a broader imagination!

The music/sounds we're gonna use for this project would have to be royalty-free.

Why not make a documentary and ask this one question only and see how people answer? Seems that would cover the info you seek and make a film to boot.

I just want to hear other possible stories that can go well with the theme "What Matters Most"
My life so far has really been limited, I haven't experienced any life-changing events atm
What matters most to you? That's a movie I'd watch. Not so much YOUR
interpretation of what matters most to me.

I have experienced some life changing events so what matters most
to me would be very different. I hope you rethink this and make a
movie from YOUR perspective rather than from someone else's.

The health thing is absolutely true.
And listen to directorik. Your own personal feelings are just as valid as someone who's had life changing experiences.
You really should tell us more about why you're doing this. It will help us give you better answers.
Are you asking us because you want to make a film that means something to as many people as possible, so you'll get as many views as possible?

What matters most to you? That's a movie I'd watch. Not so much YOUR
interpretation of what matters most to me.

I have experienced some life changing events so what matters most
to me would be very different. I hope you rethink this and make a
movie from YOUR perspective rather than from someone else's.
noted! thank you very much!

Back