The 1TB SD Card

I personally wouldn't use anything that big on a shoot. I prefer numerous smaller cards than 1 or 2 big cards in case one gets corrupted. Losing 1 TB of footage is way worse than losing 256 GB.

Good point.

Reminds me of the days of shooting with mini DV tapes. One of my production tapes broke with footage of a seventeen hour shoot day of stunts and luckily the editor knew of a place that repaired broken tapes. We lost five minutes out of sixty minutes of footage. But, with the retakes, we were covered.

I personally wouldn't use anything that big on a shoot. I prefer numerous smaller cards than 1 or 2 big cards in case one gets corrupted. Losing 1 TB of footage is way worse than losing 256 GB.

Excatly my feeling. I'd rather lose 32 or 62 GB, that a whole TB if things go wrong. Obviously, if you're getting HD back ups it's not so bad, but I'd still be nervous.

Well technology never stops look where we started with 32 megabyte cards and such pretty soon these cards will be needed and you may even need multiple. This is definitely an accomplishment on their part.

It's definitely a step in the right direction for cheaper cameras, because if this becomes the standard, then less compression will be needed: i.e, better quality

Back