Needing Reliable Crew - Advice

Hey guys, I'm a producer on a feature film scheduled for next month--if everything stays on target. The hardest thing I realized is getting a decent crew together in Portland Oregon--Seattle.
We are filming on an Arri Alexa XL with Cooke Anamorphics. I need a great 1AC focus puller but it's been tricky getting one with the chops for the job. If you have the chops let me know.

We don't have a big budget but we are willing to pay a reasonable amount, or if anything we can fly you out, house you, and feed you :)

Okay it just so happens that the past stills I grabbed are female characters, but the movie is a wholesome family flick!

image.png

2.png

4.png

Last edited:
went through over 300 reels and found 1 amazing DP. Needless to say we don't want to just hire the first and only dp that we liked. We opened dialogue and I want to hire him. But he has so much power over us at this point.

It has gotten me so upset, I've been a bad person to be around. Americans film so saturated and colorful--atleast the upstarts do. I blame the schools.

Anyway, are there any British, Norwegian, Danish filmmakers here? We need less color. This isn't Nickelodeon.

Personally when it comes to pre production I personally wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. Even with actors I have suitable replacements. With locations I have suitable replacements. Murphy's Law, so yes, I need more quality DPS before we can move forward.

I made a mistake when I was just starting out by hiring a DP who
challenged every one of my decisions. He wasn't interested in what
I wanted, he wanted to showcase his talents his way.

The relationship is a very important one. Since then I have been very
careful. I don't want a sycophant but I need a collaborator. I, too,
would keep looking if I found an amazing DP who wants to control the
look of my movie.

Back