How many films did you watch in 2013?

Mine is the weak number of 155 :(

Unfortunately I didn't have access to many films in February and all of the summer so that stopped me from watching more films. Hopefully in 2013 I will be able to watch more films!

Prolly spent more time working on films, than watching 'em, this year. That's a huge amount you've seen!

That's good! I actually hope to be making more films than watching in 2014. Haha, I thought it wasn't as much because I saw a one forum member here say he saw 500! I guess I saw enough LOL.

How did you keep track of the number? I probably watched more scripted tv than movies last year. This year movies are in the lead though. 2-0

Prolly spent more time working on films, than watching 'em, this year. That's a huge amount you've seen!

Steve = My Role Model.

New Year's Eve Resolution = Be More Like Steve. And also like IDOM, too, who also seems to be an ITer who's constantly making stuff. =)

I'm not one to keep track. I probably should. I know some people, some people on IT, I think Scoopicman or Flickr mentioned that he does so, keeps all of their ticket stubs. Man, long ago the thought occurred to me to do so. But I chose not to. That's okay, though. It suits me. That would just be another thing (or more s--t, as George Carlin might have said) to accumulate. And now with Netflix (and even Amazon), I see more content than ever, I'm sure. Hey, for "film buffs," that's not a bad development. Hey?

I think I saw most of the big releases this year, thanks to a family member who takes me along to the movies.

Now might be a good time for someone to start a thread for the best of 2013? Or the most interesting? Etc.

I have no idea how many movies I've seen. I'm guess that I'm like Zen; but then again, maybe not. I get really, really busy, then I'm slow for a while. When I'm slow I catch up on TV shows and watch a few films here and there. Mostly kids fare when I get to a movie theatre, although my wife and I will indulge in something more "mature" on occasion. Once in a while I get a Saturday night all to myself, so I'll watch two or three I've never seen before and crank them up fairly loud - can't do that when the wife and kids are home and trying to sleep.

Can't say for sure but I'd say just about one per day minus the month when I shot my feature, so a little over 300. It helps when you worked at a movie theatre for most of the year though!

Most of them that hit my theater. I'm a manager at the local one, so I cheat a little and didn't have to pay for them at all.

I know watched 5 in one day if that helps. I went to the movies from 10 to 10, surviving only on popcorn and coke icee's

New Year's Eve Resolution = Be More Like Steve. And also like IDOM, too, who also seems to be an ITer who's constantly making stuff. =)

That's funny - I don't really do resolutions but one of my main goals is also to be making more stuff this year!

I know some people, some people on IT, I think Scoopicman or Flickr mentioned that he does so, keeps all of their ticket stubs.

I've been doing that for about 15 years, I've got about 550 stubs which works out to ~36/year (this year was 30). I'm not religious about saving them though so the average may be a bit higher, although it's certainly trending down in recent years.

Interesting to look back on though. Figure an average ticket price of $8 and it's about $4500 spent on tickets (although I saw many of those with my wife so the total is probably closer to double that). At about ~90 minutes each that's 825 hours spent in a theater - 34 full 24 hour days, or over 100 work days! That's just theatrical - I've probably watched at least 3-4x as many at home in that time period. Definitely makes me think I need to cut back on watching and put a little more time into making films next year...

Back