• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first Short Film "Imagination"

Hey There,

I'm Micha from Germany, 21 years old, currently doing an apprenticeship in video production.

I shot my first short film last weekend, the title is "Imagination".
I'm posting this here to get some feedback from you guys, what you like and what you dislike about the film. ;)
It was all shot and edited on one day, because I had to upload it until midnight as I made it for the sony professional competition.

I used the Sony a6000 with several lenses to shoot video and a zoom recorder to record the audio.

Here's the film, hope you enjoy it ! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u37F9DgUPuY

Pretty d@mn good. Impressive.

Great little story, lovely touches, nicely shot. Would've liked the story to have had a stronger ending and as an idea, maybe some foley could've worked.

Strangely, a mate of mine wanted to shoot an identical short although with a couple of different kids. He's going to be really disappointed you got there first!

Looking forward to seeing your next shoot.

loved the woods shots, but the other one felt like it was shot by someone else using autofocus or something and it really put me off including the framing..

did you shoot both scenes or did two people shoot? if one person shot it then you need to balance the connection.

great job though.

thank you for your kind words ! :)

@gorillaonabike thanks for your feedback! and I hope your friend will still shoot his short :D

@film_autre It was all shot by me, but I had to rush, because I had to shoot and edit everything in just one day. I used a different lens for the shots in the street, to get different feelings between this scenery and the wood scenes. But you're right, I didnt nail the focus everytime. I guess it's the price you pay when you do everything in just one day :D thanks for the feedback!

Back