Project: Poverty Awareness

Hello people, I've had this idea for a project I always wanted to do but I had doubts about. But now after some time thinking it through I have decided I will do it for the sake of my followers and the people in general and for myself. Some time in the future after I have a successful career in the world wide web I will go on a journey to the streets for around 2-3 weeks with no money, no contact with my family and/or friends, just some sweatpants and a hoodie and a hand-held camera to vlog about it. I'm doing this mainly to show the public the challenges unfortunate people face everyday in the streets. I also want to know how it feels physically, mentally, and spiritually to go through this.

I would like to see some feedback on this any kind.

Thank you for your time

-Alexis Castellanos (Mighty Films)

If you truly want to explore the plight of the homeless, then you need to look into the plight of the mentally-ill, and our nation's extreme lack of a safety-net. And that will take you more than a few weeks.

cool

Great idea. Like a Morgan Spurlock sort of thing. Probably will create something of solid interest.

Be safe.

Shanked

Great Idea

This is an awesome idea, I have always wanted to do some sort of documentary about the poverty in my city but couldnt come up with a good way to do it. The aspect of putting yourself in the middle of the experience will be a great take on it. I did this retreat sort of thing back in highschool with my church and this local mission worked with the homeless and "walked in their shoes" so to speak. We talked to some homeless people and eventually made a made shift camp under one of the bridges downtown. Anyway, got way off topic. Just thought that your idea was a good one.

Back