• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "You Have Arrived" | Horror Short Film

It works. I was slightly confused as to what happened - it seems that the creature in the woods took on Chris's body? And it probably somehow controlled their GPS? In terms of taking over his body, I feel like a way to cue in the audience would be a flash of red light in his eyes (like right when he wakes up?). Maybe that's a little Stargatey, but it works. :)

Some of the more artistic shots are really nice (my favorites: the shoes at 2:33 and the car lights at 4:07.) The prevalence of tripod shots felt a bit distracting at times.

I feel like the soundtrack could be a lot more involved in telling the story - especially in building up the tension into to horrible moments. Although it's a less serious tone overall, check out the build at 3:04 to 3:20 in this project I'm working on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV6LjhbDYLA

Without the music, the scene is way less effective (also, the music helps provide continuity between the rapid camera cuts).

Back