Speciality Casting -- Stunt Players

One of the hardest positions to fill for Indie low / no budget films is for non-speaking stunt players. I know the union stunt players and stunt coordinators web sites.

Ten years ago Back Stage Magazine and Mandy.com were ideal places to find them. These days, martial artists and stunt players don't seem to look there anymore.

Does anyone know where I can put breakdowns for stunt actors interested in my no dialogue action roles as silver aliens? :huh::huh:

Craigslist.

For our recent project, we had a parkour/gymnastics/stunt team call us and ask to be involved. They're killer, they already do insane things on their demo videos and were just about willing to do anything for ours haha. I worked with their leader as choreographer, and told him to only do what they felt safe with, and had them all sign zero liability waivers. I'm hooking them up with some of the original footage for their demo vids as "compensation".

If no one answers craigslist (I almost guarantee they will), then you might try to contact a parkour group in your area.

Back