• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Draft for Hitler biopic screenplay-Ein Fuhrer.

FADE IN:
EXT. BROWN APARTMENT BUILDING-DAY.

In the town of Braunau am Inn, a small brown apartment building with white window sills and arches, some with homeless Austrians sleeping under them or sitting down begging for spare change and food, a man in the style of the time, a brown suit and fedora, with a black briefcase enters the apartment.

DISSOLVE TO:

INT.APARTMENT BUILDING.

MAN enters apartment building lobby, music playing as he does so. The lobby has seen better days and a woman is sweeping the lobby wooden floor with a broom. Man nods to women and walks towards the receptionist,a young women.

MAN
Hello, what room is the Hitlers?
RECEPTIONIST nods and brings out a book then proceeds to flip to a page. A moment passes before she speaks.

RECEPTIONIST.
Room 24.
MAN nods, mouthing ‘thank you’ as music begins to play and he goes up a set of stairs.

DISSOLVE TO:.
MAN knocks on door labeled 24. A man's voice can heard from behind the door and steps before the doors creaked open, ALOIS is on the other side, holding the door with one hand on the handle. He is in a hastily put together pair of a coat and pants.

ALOIS.
If you're not the doctor, take your cries elsewhere

Camera pans towards MAN, who visibly chuckles.

MAN
Well then, good thing I am the doctor.
ALOIS nods, either not getting the MAN’s humor or lacking his own. He lets the MAN in and leads him down a small hallway into the bedroom of the flat. The flat is not the most attractive, with a ugly brown carpet and peeling wall paper. Painting line up the wall and a radio plays classical music. To the left of ALOIS and MAN, a heavily pregnant woman lays on a two person bed clearly in labor. Two nurses sit besides her and take care of her. One of them notices MAN and stands up.

NURSE 1
Good evening.
MAN
(Putting his things down)
Good evening.

Camera cuts to MAN opening his briefcase, the medical equipment in it in view. Camera then cuts to him putting white gloves on and coming over to KLARA as a nurse holds her hand trying to calm her down.

MAN
(Kneeling down)
Hallo meine patientien
KLARA nods and camera cuts to where her face can be seen and the MAN’s back if facing the camera. Sounds is slowly drowned out by Wagner's Kaisermarsch.

Wipe To:

A young HITLER, aged 14, sits on a wooden stool as ALOIS prances about in their apartment.

ALOIS.
(In an poorly disguised anger)
Do you wish to humiliate me?
HITLER just looks on, ALOIS slaps him, nearly taking HITLER off the stool.

ALOIS
(Now yelling)
Answer me, Miststück!
Still, HITLER does not answer. ALOIS slaps him again, this time hard enough to make HITLER fall. ALOIS grabs HITLER'S collar and brings him up to his bearded face.
ALOIS.
(Face red and yelling)
Listen here, you Du Hurensohn, I will not tolerate failures in my bloodline.

He lets HITLER go and storms way.

I would do more development. While the reader knows who they are, you never really introduce them. Perhaps have Klara call to her husband, "Alois ... the baby's coming" Alois can pace, look out the window. Then shift to your start of the doctor approaching. Have Alois lead him in and address her, "Klara, the doctor's ..." she screams. You need some way to let the audience know who they are. I don't think I'd have the doctor ask for the Hitlers. He'd come in and say "Someone called for a doctor?" And have him directed upstairs. I would delay saying Hitler or Adolf immediately. Build up interest in who the boy is. You want to avoid immediately prejudicing your audience by suggesting this is Adolf Hitler.

There are lots of picky formatting issues, but since you're just running this by for suggestions, I'll pass on that until you have a more fully developed script.

Seems a bit insensitive and perhaps even stupid to make a biopic about Adolf Hitler's youth. I would suggest instead a film about the children (grand children?) of Holocaust survivors, not only would it be more interesting but you would have a wealth of people to interview and rich stories to be heard. Good luck!

The idea of a biopic is not insensitive. The evolution of an individual from birth to death follows the spirals of life, whether St. Francis who led a rather wild life before becoming a saint or Adolf Hitler who was an introverted artist who became the devil incarnate. Many serial killers get biopics. As long as the treatment is truthful and doesn't lighten the facts, a biography can be a powerful tool. A way to recognize and avoid creating future Hitlers. Hitler wasn't born evil but was shaped by events that eventually took hold and guided him to be the twisted, evil person he became.

He was an evil man and that should never be forgotten. But how he became evil is also an important story. If the biopic presented him as a "poor, misunderstood person", I would agree. It should not be apologetic or glorify Hitler or his beliefs. But if presented factually showing the events that shaped the decisions that created the monster we know, I think that would be an important biography and essay in the consequences of child abuse. With the incidents in Columbine, Sandy Hook and around the nation, I think it is very relevant. If we don't explore the roots of evil, how do we stop it from spreading? Is it an uncomfortable topic? Yes. Many may not watch it. Since it is just an introduction, it's hard to say what the rest of the treatment is like.

I have often wondered what would lead someone to become a Sadam Hussein, an Idi Amin, a Hitler, a Genghis Khan, etc. Why are school kids joining ISIS? What makes kids prone to joining street gangs? I think the treatment and not the topic is what will need the most attention to be respectful to Holocaust victims and survivors. He became an evil man and that should never be forgotten. How he became that man, I think, is an important lesson so it's never repeated.

The idea of a biopic is not insensitive.
No, the idea of a young Hitler biopic is insensitive. Artistic responsibility and sensitivity means not even approaching a topic I know so little about (all of us here?) about someone who went and murdered millions and made to suffer millions more. The OP doesn't have the "truth" - it's pure BS or worse, fan fiction- it's not appropriate to glorify Nazis, the script wants us to feel sympathy for a young Hitler as he's being slapped off a stool by a physically abusive father.

Does that make any sense to you?

I appreciate this is a topic that is intensely personal for you. I don't think the OP intends any disrespect. There was no Nazi party when Hitler was born. There are, in fact, many records that detail his early days prior to his incarceration and writing "Mein Kampf". I would hope the OP does thorough historical research. What Hitler did to millions is appalling. The recent documentaries on the rise and atrocities of the Nazi movement attest to that. It doesn't change the fact of Hitler's own abuse. I suspect we see the darker, violent side emerge after the third page. Understanding the roots of his anger sheds light on his development.

sensitivity means not even approaching a topic I know so little about
Here are some links to help you get started learning more about the real, historical Hitler.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/hitler.html
http://www.notablebiographies.com/He-Ho/Hitler-Adolf.html
http://www.history.co.uk/biographies/adolf-hitler
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0386944/bio

This thought provoking film is a biography "Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told (2013) " by Dennis Wise: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3526810/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Does that make any sense to you?
I respect your feelings and feel that there's not enough presented script to say the OP is "glorifying Nazis". For only being the first three pages, I don't see any swastikas or propaganda, just a baby being born and a young man abused by his violent father. And yes I can empathize with a child being abused. And his being beaten by his father is substantiated fact. "Don't feel sorry for him, that's Hitler". I don't work that way. Children should not be abused. Period. It doesn't excuse the later atrocities by Hitler the man. I can feel empathy for the victims and loathing towards the perpetrators. A good script would have us reviling him by the end. However, to understand how he gets to that point, there needs to be a beginning. That's all I see in the post.

MAN enters apartment building lobby, music playing as he does so.

I don't think most apartment building lobbies at the time would have had a piano/pianist or music ensemble performing background music. Maybe the most exclusive/expensive ones might.

Painting line up the wall and a radio plays classical music.

Is this a sci-fi script, with a time travelling 14 year old Hitler?

G

Thank you all for the comments (including you Sasa, through I could of sworn you were in the thread were I explained that I'm the exact opposites of Hitlers political spectrum)

I'm trying to show that many things lead to what Hitler became and did, how he could of been stopped long before he became the monster we know today. Either through people having the opportunity to kill him (Such as the British soldier that saw him wounded during WW1) or treating him like crap (His father, which lead him to being abusing himself). I also plan to show Hitler as an emotional figure, show that he loathes the death of Geli Raubel (His true love who committed suicide due to him being so controlling).

Then, show the people around him reaction to him, either in horror or agreement. Show the consequences of his actions, how the German (and Western/Soviet) people were affected by his actions, while Hitler becomes more and more disillusioned until finally, he and his wife (Eva Bruan) end their lives.

AudioPost-.....I for some reason was writing it in the state of mind it was the great depression...when Hitler was born in 1889 and Radios didn't become widespread until WWI.

And yes I can empathize with a child being abused.

Maybe he does deserve to die, but now that I see him I do pity him.

DoPityHim07.jpg

I like it. Funny how you work in German words in the dialogue. Adolf's dad calls his son "son of a bitch", even if the dad was the one who grew up with a single mother. You mean that works? Sure you've thought about it. Also the photograph of Alois Hitler tells a lot about how he was as a man. Bone crusher mentality.

I like it. Funny how you work in German words in the dialogue. Adolf's dad calls his son "son of a bitch", even if the dad was the one who grew up with a single mother. You mean that works? Sure you've thought about it. Also the photograph of Alois Hitler tells a lot about how he was as a man. Bone crusher mentality.
Thanks, it was mostly to get crap past the radar. :P

I imagine Alois had a really bad temper and as you can tell he is mad at Adolf (for a reason I don't matters really). So he's probably just spewing out insults without a second thought.

Through, I think he didn't treat Klara that well. I'll have to check that.

Back