E&O insurance - lowest cost?

Hi, we have a feature film that has been picked up by a distributor who requires errors and omissions insurance. I've gotten a few quotes but the lowest is about $3,700. One was nearly $6,000. Does anyone know of a insurer who would charge less? The terms are ---- Limit: $1M/3M ($1M per claim and $3M in aggregate coverage), $10,000 deductible, 3 year term.

Thanks in advance

I hear stories from time to time when films get to this point that the insurance costs more. From my understanding, it's typically better to get a quote up front, that way they can help alter the movie if needed before you make it.

As for cheaper E&O, just keep shopping around. I believe Film Specific has a database and recommendations, though it's a membership site. You'll have to pay for access first.

We bought our production insurance from the Film Emporium and they got us a good rate. They gave us the quote on E&O, and so far it's been less than anyone else. So we'll probably go back to them. They get good reviews from filmmakers. thanks

Back