How much does an indie film (non US production) without stars may be sold?

Question says it all.
All answers are welcomed - Movies you have heard of, movies you personally sold - even any exceptions you may know about!!

Kostas Gogas
Dutbo

I understand that we should take into consideration all these..
But I was wondering about movies already sold.. and as you say: what genre was it? was it in English? etc. so why was it sold at that price?

It's more of general discussion - I don't speak for a specific movie or something I am personally working on..

Paranormal Activity. If memory serves me right, the sale price was $275k or $250k.

That sounds about right. I met some folks who made a zombie musical The Dead Inside. I think it cost about $500K to make. It sold to a company I used to work for. I think for about $150K.

It's a bitter pill when your SUCCESSFUL $400K film sells for $100K, but that's just reality these days.

That sounds about right. I met some folks who made a zombie musical The Dead Inside. I think it cost about $500K to make. It sold to a company I used to work for. I think for about $150K.

It's a bitter pill when your SUCCESSFUL $400K film sells for $100K, but that's just reality these days.

'Success' for me is making a profit!!!!! That's an unsuccessful film. Need to make it for $100k and make a profit!

Back