• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

All your fans belong to me.

We make no bones about it. We do in deed charge for considering the film. That way we reserve the right to say no but still cover our time for sitting through an hour, hour and a half of footage to see if it makes it on. Lets put the ball in your court. Lets assume you work, now lets assume you get a job where you have to watch 3-5 films a day or week to see if they make the cut. Would you do that for free?

Now lets look at it from a different view. Lets say we only charge if we agree to put it on the site. We would get every video from around the world sent, and have to troll through all of them to see if they are any good before we even make a cent. Does that seem like a job you would do in the hope of being paid? I wouldn't because I still have to justify that time spent to myself and my family.

Now lets take it to the extreme and say for instance that I take your album, listen to it, and if its good, offer you $15 to host it on my site. Would you do it for $15 or would you want more? And with that, I then have to find the money to market the site etc after paying you. That would cost me hundreds of thousands a year, if not millions. Thats not realistic.

I do see the difference between the service you currently get and what we provide. It sounds like a reasonable deal. May I ask how many albums you move a year on that model though?
Granted you get paid for each and every album sold, which is not something we can do. We could offer the album sales by outsourcing the cost of hard copies to Amazon, but we would not have the brick and mortar store sales that I assume you see as part of your package. Am I correct in assuming there are physical stores that your album gets into with this deal?

If it is just online distribution that you get for your money, we may well look at that quite seriously as part of our service because that would indeed provide a benefit to you.

Without going into the details - here is a link to the services offered (music only) :

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/maxablitzer1

Last edited:
Wait.... You do have a proper business plan, right? Shouldn't your projected budget be in your business plan?

Still waiting to see that list of your films and successes mate :)

Tired of waiting I skimmed through the 20 pages that constitute every comment you have made on this site since February 2012 and
to my surprise I find not a single piece of footage, nor anything showing any business you run.

One might almost assume you are a troll...

Last edited:
It won't really ....

As a filmmaker I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel. There are many movies out there making money, all the way from studio block busters, all the way down to tiny independent films. Why not just work out what they do and do the same?

Your a wise man. You give good honest answers, you shoot as you see it with no sugar coating, and your advice and thoughts ring true.

Thanks bud. I appreciate your thoughts.

Still waiting to see that list of your films and successes mate :)

Tired of waiting I skimmed through the 20 pages that constitute every comment you have made on this site since February 2012 and
to my surprise I find not a single piece of footage, nor anything showing any business you run.

One might almost assume you are a troll...

Might they? You seem to have found many of my answers to your questions useful in the past.. As have many others. Not only that but there certainly are links to my own work in there - I find it odd that you didn't find it if you did indeed trawl through every single post I've ever made.

It seems you're taking personal offense to many of the comments here. I don't think anyone (including myself) is trying to insult or offend you.

I'm trying to understand your business model and plan. I'm trying to point out issues and holes. Not to gloat, laugh at, or offend you - but to help you find solutions, and answers to the issues, problems etc. If I promise a client 'billions' of views, they're going to want me to prove how I can do that - I could take offense or I could show them. You tell me which approach will be more convincing.

Also, when did you request a comprehensive list of my films and successes? Regardless, I'm primarily a cinematographer, and I also Focus Pull - so the 'success' of a film I work on is not generally determined by me. Having said that, many projects I've worked on have been very successful.

Film, however, is my full-time occupation. I am a freelancer, so my 'business' is myself.

I apologize if you've taken offence at anything I've said.

Last edited:
Might they? You seem to have found many of my answers to your questions useful in the past.. As have many others. Not only that but there certainly are links to my own work in there - I find it odd that you didn't find it if you did indeed trawl through every single post I've ever made.

It seems you're taking personal offense to many of the comments here. I don't think anyone (including myself) is trying to insult or offend you.

I'm trying to understand your business model and plan. I'm trying to point out issues and holes. Not to gloat, laugh at, or offend you - but to help you find solutions, and answers to the issues, problems etc. If I promise a client 'billions' of views, they're going to want me to prove how I can do that - I could take offense or I could show them. You tell me which approach will be more convincing.

Also, when did you request a comprehensive list of my films and successes? Regardless, I'm primarily a cinematographer, and I also Focus Pull - so the 'success' of a film I work on is not generally determined by me. Having said that, many projects I've worked on have been very successful.

Film, however, is my full-time occupation. I am a freelancer, so my 'business' is myself.

I apologize if you've taken offence at anything I've said.

aaah in the heat of the moment I did mate. Today I feel a bit foolish for lashing back at you.
It just felt like you were asking questions when you had no intention of being a customer.

aah well, I apoogize. lashing back was childish of me.

Sorry.

Ok...new deal guys....everything on the site is free, including the upload of films.

But we still skim through all films to make sure they are up to quality, and we don't
accept hugely terrible stuff.

Its all free

Free to you
Free to the viewer.

We won't be able to market in the same way but we will still do our best.

We will still allow a donation thing so people can donate to you guys if they wish.

Back