• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

'SEAMS' Short Film - The Borgias meets Assassin's Creed

Dear film fans and filmmakers!!

I'm Christina, the production designer-director of my graduation short film 'Seams', set in the Italian Renaissance.

_____

SEAMS is the story of Flavia, an urchin aspiring to more than mere survival on the streets: she wants to be a tailor.

Flavia's blunt recklessness earns her a foothold in the amazing world of the eccentric, incredibly charming and enigmatic master tailor Valtieri. Blinded by the opportunity and eager to live up to her tasks and his expectations, Flavia struggles to realise that he is working in secret on his morbid masterpiece: a statue made of human skin.

_____

Choosing a period piece for my MA in filmmaking, I obviously went the hard way -- but being a graduate in classical archaeology, in love with historical reconstruction and with an unhealthy addiction to visual detail, there was no way around it, really. :)

We have built the interiors of a tailor's workshop in a London studio, propped them up with unique furniture, real antiques and even some drastically reduced in hiring price costumes from the TV series "The Borgias" and have used real beeswax candles as our main/key light sources to create a truly magical atmosphere!

With about 50% of the footage in the can, we have assembled a little trailer and are now campaigning on KICKSTARTER to be able to complete this little gem.

Please check it out, donate if you can - the smallest contribution will be GREATLY appreciated!

Help us spread the word! :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/296933104/seams-a-period-thriller-short-film

And we're also on facebook!

Cheers,
Christina

Back