Benefits For Production People???

Hi;
I'm just staring a new production company and I have two partners. We're writers and producers looking for sponsors for documentary projects. We also have a couple of independent film concepts, for which we'd like to obtain funding. We know it's going to take time and we're in it for the long haul. In the meantime, does anyone have any advice or information about where independent production people can get benefits, i.e. medical ins.? Are there any trade associations out there for independent producers? Any advice for independents? I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Hello,

Your attorney should be able to set everything for you as part of your new business consultation. They will provide you with recommendations on medical, dental, and MOST IMPORTANTLY liability insurance for your company. If you do not have an attorney, I highly recommend it as a first priority. Having a good corporate firm attached to you company will save you more money than any other benefit or service (hmm although having a good payroll service comes at a close second!). They will also tell you about all legal federal and state requirements regarding employment and local business filing req. This will vary depending on the number of employees, incorporation form (LLC vs. Corp, etc), etc. Good luck with you new business!

Welcome to the world of indi filmmaking management!

Cheers,

Back