• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Renegade Rat

Hey, guys, I'm really interested to see and hear what your opinion would be on the trailer for our upcoming full-length film "Renegade Rat".

I've seen a ton of "Hey! Watch my trailer!" posts before, and they annoy the hell out of me, because most of those 'movies' don't ever finish and who even gets to see more than the trailer, right? I've finished editing 70 minutes of the film so far, and have another 30 or so to go. So it's happening, no worries of us disappearing.

I've got to say, making a trailer is a difficult thing to do. I had a ton of footage to work with, and brought it down to a much smaller amount. In the end, I decided to create this vague look of what it will be like, visually and tone-like, but without giving away much of the story. We'll save that for another trailer.

As a community of independent filmmakers, everyone probably has a pretty good idea of how damn hard it is to broadcast a film-in-the-making.

If you've got a spare 2:45 mins, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOA1bimTqk

-Jesse Ramshaw

I decided to create this vague look of what it will be like, visually and tone-like, but without giving away much of the story. (...) If you've got a spare 2:45 mins, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2:45 is a loooong time to fill, when staying vague & dodging the story.

Honestly, I got more information about what your film is about by reading the logline on the YT page.

Renegade Rat is a (...) crime film, involving four new recruits delivering a shipment of drugs to three route locations

Why couldn't your trailer tell that? A trailer's job is to sell people on watching your film. It's a pitch. You can't sell a pitch when you won't name what you're trying to sell.

Back