Ex machina

Hey any one see the trailer for the movie "Ex Machina" What do you guys think? I'm excited for it.
Alex garland is the writer and i've been a nerd for his work since I read the beach (the movie was horrible)

He also did 28days later and Sunshine. He's a pretty damn good writer and I am excited to see his latest work. I just found out about it to, I don't know how this slipped by me. Tomorrow will rock, where I live every Tuesday it's 5 bux all day to see whatever movie you want awwwwwww yeaaaahhh

Hard to find people who have heard of Garland. Same as yourself, I've admired his work since I read The Beach in 99 or 00... can't remember. However, I liked the film as well. I know it is different and there are major changes in some of the characters' relationships but Boyle definitely portrayed the theme well and more importantly, managed to catch the feeling which the book instilled in the reader.

I've been excited about Ex Machina as well but tend to stay away from trailers if I'm really interested in a film. I will go watch it and let everything be revealed to me in the order it was intended. Just have to find the time to do it one of these evenings.

I like his screenplays but consider his novels a step above. I'm not a fan of the zombie genre but Boyle and Garland's story, including the "fast zombies" aspect, did make 28 Days Later a gripping film to watch. Sunshine did not seem to do as well during its run but I thought it was quite a beautiful story and film.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts on Garland with another fan. Let's post here again after having seen Ex Machina.

I saw it and loved it! I also have the music score, which is largely responsible for a very dark tone. I admire the writer for keeping focus and not taking it easy on the audience, with throw-a-way one liners, to lighten the mood. The ice-capped Norway location, also adds a lot to the isolation and tension.

The movie is very well directed and cast. The billionaire guy is very convincing, both menacing and, at other times, approachable. The 3 main characters are equally weighted and deep. Many people are going to this to check out the robotics, which are very impressively realized, but the characters easily steal your attention.

This is probably the best movie about A.I., out there. I appreciate the thought that went into this. I explored this same issue (android - human relationship - whether it could be "real" or not) in my flick, EXILE, so I was actually expecting a lot out of EX MACHINA. I was not disappointed. This was top-notch.

man it was awesome, my boy garland stuck again. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves. I think a lot of people like his work but just don't know who he is.

Back