• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Nearly Half of Game of Thrones Season 5 Just Leaked

Ouch. That does seem like a real shame. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know how that breach happened.

Not sure how much that will affect those of us who are rabid fans of the show, though, unless we inadvertently should hear spoilers, or something. Then I think we would be pissed.

Which is not to ignore or minimize such an example of piracy, especially being that those of us here are sensitive to it not being a victimless crime, but bad for the entertainment industry.

Hmmm, the one who leaked it must have no respect for all the hard work done.
My question is: was it a hacker?

I've heard rumors it was a targeted attack in response to the Going Clear documentary. But I don't think there's any evidence to back that up.

I still have yet to get into GoT, but even if I watched, I don't know if I'd be excited. 480p? Fuggitaboutit. /s

This is neat, though.

New York Times: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Premiere Draws 8 Million Viewers

I take it 8 million viewers is good?

I was thinking about it, and I realized that I've always seen them long after they were first broadcast, anyway, when they came to home video. Anyway, I won't have any sympathy for the perpetrators if they ever catch them.

You should give it a try, at least, Dready. Although I think it's true that if you don't like the pilot episode, you probably won't like the rest any better.

8 million viewers is good because it's not a regular TV channel. all 8 million of those people are paying money (in?)directly to the HBO subscription service.

if it were on fox or something then 8 million would be a low number

It's also the most pirated show around, isn't it? And HBO seem almost proud of that fact at times.

On the leaks, I have no idea why anyone would choose to watch GoT in 480p.

I find it very difficult to watch all the shows one would like, local channels here do show foreign content and I pay for the full tv package, but they tend to broadcast half a series, then go back to the beginning its really really annoying. I will be happy when the European Union removes Geographic IP blocks. I understand it means Netflix et all might not like it, but at least we can subscribe to them outside of their target area and watch the shows legally. I also wait until after a show has finished airing before downloading.

Back