Done with feature. Now what.

My movie is done and I thank anyone on this fourm who gave me advice
"Thank you guys"

But. now what? the thing is I have this great movie but no money to send it to any film festivals. Any advice on how I could get this beats to the masses. It is a low budget monster/slasher film and it's amazing everyone did a great job in it. but like I said, Now what?

Trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGUFE4nH5M

I think I should also not i can not send it to a distribution company. Most of the soundtrack is from y friends band but there are six or so tracks that do have a copy right on them and i don't want to make money and get sued. even though i could probably get sued already but whatever. as for uploading it on youtube, well. heres the deal.

Back a few months ago i uploaded the old unsolved mysteries (yes the ones with the stack man :) but they got taken down and i cant upload anything more than 15 min until oct, ( the movie is 90min) I could make a new account but i want the movie under the "Dying dog production " chan name

Most of the soundtrack is from y friends band but there are six or so tracks that do have a copy right on them and i don't want to make money and get sued. even though i could probably get sued already but whatever.
Violating the right to copy has very little to do with making money; it's
the owners right to control what happens with their work. So my first
advice is to remove the copyrighted songs. If you can't then you are
very limited. In October (only seven weeks) you can upload to YouTube
and risk it being taken down due to copyright issues.

You're right, with copyrighted music you can't get a distribution deal and
many festivals won't accept it either.

If you decide to remove the copyrighted music you open yourself to many
opportunities. Sure, right now you don't have the money to enter festivals,
but if you saved $10/$20 per week until March 1 you will have $270/$540
- enough to enter several festivals. And a really good monster/slasher film
could find a smaller, genre specific distributor. You won't make much but
you'll get it out there.

guess i'll just try youtube. I mean, i never set out to make money on this I always wanted to make a movie and I did, mission accomplished. I don't have the project files anymore and i do not want to re-edit it. ahhh well. Guess i'll live with it and keep the learning from it.

guess i'll just try youtube. I mean, i never set out to make money on this I always wanted to make a movie and I did, mission accomplished. I don't have the project files anymore and i do not want to re-edit it. ahhh well. Guess i'll live with it and keep the learning from it.

I took a look at your trailer. As a sales agent, I would consider submitting it for a distribution deal, but you've got to get the clearances for the music, or swap it out with something you can use. Feel free to email me.

Best,
Mark
Distribution Sales Agent
n e w p r o d c o m p a n y ((at)) g m a i l ((dot)) c o m
All inquiries welcome

Last edited:

No backup (plan) at all?

I know several distributors looking for really good monster/slasher film.
It's too bad you don't have the project files anymore and do not want
to re-edit it to remove the copyrighted music.

Back