Any Ideas?

I am new to the Independent Filmmaking Industry and I want to Write & Direct a film like The Last Song, Also;
Should I use Camstudio for editing and Dvdsanta to convert, Sorry! I am a Newbie! Any Tips, Tricks, & ovbiously Ideas are Welcome!
Thankyou...
X-_-adamdevey-_-X

Edit: Or Should I use Sony Vegas for Editing?

Last edited:
First of all: "The last song"? Man, you can do better than that. That's a nightmarish film with horrible acting and no plot whatsoever. (Had to see it - my sis' is a mioley cirus fan)
I'm not a big fan of vegas. As for me it's one of the worst editing softwares there are.
Nevertheless, you got to be more specific, mate?
You want some help with the script, cameras, lightning, acting, color correction etc.?

hey, thanks for your help,2 tell u the truth i need help wiv everything & im a Miley Cyrus fan soo...... U got an email, me &u can chat, + u give me lots of help? lol

I am new to the Independent Filmmaking Industry and I want to Write & Direct a film like The Last Song,
Welcome. If you want to write and direct a movie you
gotta start with a script. Do you have a story in mind?
When will you start writing?

Also;
Should I use Camstudio for editing and Dvdsanta to convert, Sorry! I am a Newbie! Any Tips, Tricks, & ovbiously Ideas are Welcome!
Thankyou...
X-_-adamdevey-_-X

Edit: Or Should I use Sony Vegas for Editing?
From what I've read, Camstudio isn't an editing program.
Sony Vegas is, so you should use that for editing.

For tips and tricks you should spend some time reading the
forums. You'll get tips on writing, directing, sound and lighting.
You'll even get tips on ideas here.

thanks...I plan on writing now, about maybe, a Romantic, sort like The Last Song, I have a FujiFilm® 10.2MegaPixels Digital Camera it can film, so... Any more Ideas, & i thought CamStudio was editing software...?

Start with books, I think. After reading about filmmaking you'll know whether you really want to do it or not. For me, the reading was inspiration. But if you're only inspired by one particular film, it could just be an overnight thing.

If you are actually interested, think of an original story first. It's common for people who are inspired (especially by just one film), to try work around the same plot. And it doesn't help that the movie in question is an adaptation of another Nicholas Sparks book.

If you want to make something good, it can't be cliched. If it's cliched, then don't bother.

Don't worry about the editing program yet, if you're only starting with editing programs, go with simple ones like iMovie and Windows Movie Maker. I'd say stick with those if you know absolutely nothing about film editing, because you want to focus on a good story. Of course, it depends on how much time you have.

Good luck with this!

Sorry, my ideas are 10 bucks a piece ;)

Seriously, what I would suggest, because you have a certain idea, don't limit yourself. I know it sounds silly, but if you're writing something akin to this movie, but you want to reject something because it "doesn't fit", look at it again.

You'll find sometimes the story you want to write goes in directions you didn't think possible, and can end up being better than the original idea.

And welcome :)

Maybe it is. I looked at their website and it looks like
it's used to record screen and audio from your computer.
I didn't read the entire page. If it is editing software
then you can use it to edit.

thanks...I plan on writing now, about maybe, a Romantic, sort like The Last Song,
Excellent! When the script is finished you can start
working on casting, getting a small crew and making
your movie. In the meantime, check out the forums
here for tips, tricks and ideas.

You have a lot of work ahead of you. It can be challenging
and overwhelming at times. But if you have it in you (and
many don't) I look forward to reading your finished script.

And then seeing your movie. Do you have it in you?

Start with books, I think. After reading about filmmaking you'll know whether you really want to do it or not. For me, the reading was inspiration. But if you're only inspired by one particular film, it could just be an overnight thing.

If you are actually interested, think of an original story first. It's common for people who are inspired (especially by just one film), to try work around the same plot. And it doesn't help that the movie in question is an adaptation of another Nicholas Sparks book.

If you want to make something good, it can't be cliched. If it's cliched, then don't bother.

Don't worry about the editing program yet, if you're only starting with editing programs, go with simple ones like iMovie and Windows Movie Maker. I'd say stick with those if you know absolutely nothing about film editing, because you want to focus on a good story. Of course, it depends on how much time you have.

Good luck with this!

Thankyou very much all of you but ^^^^

#1X- I like all Movies
#2X- I like Nicholas Sparks kind of writing style

and...

#3X- I am good with my grammer but don't have a clue where to Start!

So...

My Movie Tagline: Don't go on with Life Trying, Try Life!

What you think?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thankyou very much all of you but ^^^^

#1X- I like all Movies
#2X- I like Nicholas Sparks kind of writing style

and...

#3X- I am good with my grammer but don't have a clue where to Start!

So...

My Movie Tagline: Don't go on with Life Trying, Try Life!

What you think?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quite alright, you don't have to consider my advice. I'm actually only 2 years older than you, so I'm still young and don't know anything! Having good "grammer" doesn't actually change much. You might want good spelling as well. Hint: it's grammar.

You don't need a tagline if you don't have a logline. I believe I've read many other people tell you that you need a story first. Don't rip off Nicholas Sparks' plots just because you like it. BY THE WAY, you might be interested in this:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-4725-nicholas-sparks/

Go ahead and make a cliched film, everyone appreciates seeing the same thing over and over again!

P.S. Why are you making another thread regarding the same matter?

*Track down and read scripts for The Notebook and/or A walk to remember or something:
http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/A_Walk_to_Remember.pdf

*Make note of and investigate the formatting used:
http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/eng/howtoformatascreenplay

*Learn what the three act structure is:
http://writingforstagescreen.suite101.com/article.cfm/defining_three_act_structure_in_screenplays

*Learn as much as you can about writing a screenplay:
http://www.google.com/

*Formulate an idea/concept for a story that is unique and compelling.
*Turn that unique idea into an interesting story that has a beginning, middle and end.
*Turn that story into a 3 act short script that you can film around the house.
*Rewrite it until it’s the best it can be.

-Thanks-

Oh, goodness. Please don't tell me you just got back from the theater and thought it would be a great idea if they let you direct that movie. They did it all wrong. Miley Cyrus shouldn't have walked off the left of camera, she should have walked right! So you go home and grab a camcorder and get some friends together who also saw the movie and make them help you make a video. Before you hurt yourself, stop. Don't even press the record button. Inspiration is OK, but this is something totally different. You have a long way to go before you should even think about making a feature.

Back