Let Me Ask Something Obvious . . .

So, I know I'm doing the right thing.

One of my masked actors cannot return for the pickup because he now has a full time job as a college campus security guard.

Recast the role--right?

GeneralBrunoKicksButt.jpg

I need all 3 silver aliens for what we will shoot. But, since they are all covered for stunt roles, I can recast?

I just want to hear it from someone else to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Yes.

No one's going to turn off the movie because the silver demon at 0:15:43 was 5'8" and 160lbs but then at 0:16:29 it was CLEARLY 5'10" and 168lbs.

Pfft!

That'd be crazy.

If you're wondering about the "karma" aspect of doing the right thing, I'd still say yes. Most contracts I've seen and used with my actors have a specific clause that states that if they are unavailable for re-shoots, or even ADR, the filmmakers can recast or use a substitute in whatever way they deem necessary to complete the project. I would think that it's a pretty standard thing to do.

And maybe you could change the credits. Instead of:

Demon 1: actor 1
Demon 2: actor 2
Demon 3: actor 3

You could list it as:

Demons: actor 1, 2, 3, 4, etc

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Josh, that's a good one about the listing. Actors like identity. That's why I gave them numbers.

LasVegasIRA, that's how I'm placing the ad. So, it's no shock they don't have dialogue. These are action roles. Looking at both DP and actors' reels no one else shoots much action in my area. So, actors with martial arts skills, poor in English and thick accents stand a good chance at getting the role if they are good with weapons and martial arts.

I have to get the role cast fast to order the new costumes soon to have them ready in time. It takes 4 to 6 weeks for custom made costumes. The new silver demon hunter masks will be like chrome Spiderman masks with translucent eye covers.

Last edited:
In the original Halloween, "The Shape" was played by different actors throughout the shoot, yet the audiences didn't seem to notice to the point where they cared. I have a script where all the villains where masks. It makes sense for the plot, but it also gives me the opportunities to switch actors more easily if drop outs occur.

Back