announcement Chat Room in nav bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Chat room now accesible from nav bar :yes:

Refresh homepage, it may be caching. Also, it's a java chatroom, so you need java.

Hurray! It's working....and no one's there....oh well, it's bed time anyway.

It is just me, or did Java once come pre-installed on Windows? I though Java was dead.

Java did use to come with Windows, yes.

One of those lawsuit thingies. Sun didn't enjoy being easily compatible with 90% of the PC market. :huh:

No, java's not dead. It's actually becoming more popular that it used to be.

All the games on Yahoo and MSN and the like are java. Then there's javascript (which makes all the DHTML stuff work, like high-lighting rollover images, dropdown menus, etc) which is based on java, but not quite as extensive.

Java will be around if not forever, for a mightly long time.. It was originally designed to make programming of appliances and such easier. And it's also pretty big on cell phones these days. ;)

Agreed.. the portability is kinda nifty... knowing I could run the same program on my cell phone, PC, or (theoretically) microwave, is cool. But damn it's slow.

I was in there yesterday and someone came in. Dang...I forget who it was now. Sorry for the guy reading this that was talking with me yesterday in chat. But I know he was a writer! :D

It would be cool if we could set a chat time once a month for everyone to talk. ;)

This is an old post, for the old chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back